Doing business to business, person to person. Payworks is a leading workforce management solutions provider and multi-year winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated as well as committed to developing world-class products and providing a progressive workplace culture where Doing Right by People is our purpose.
With clients of all sizes from coast to coast and more than 300 employees, we currently have an exciting opportunity on our Development team for the right candidate. Because when it comes to great people, there’s always room for one more.DOING RIGHT BY PEOPLE – IT’S WHAT WE DO
Payworks develops proprietary, integrated cloud-based products in the payroll, human resources and time and attendance space. We create, deploy and maintain our own solutions; this requires a talented team of Developers who will ensure we deliver quality products to end users. As the DevOps Specialist, you will support our teams by finding ways to streamline and maintain processes related to technology as well as act as our in-house expert on these processes. Individual drive and team collaboration are keys to our success; we feel that exceptional and inventive development comes naturally to teams that are having fun and working together.
We are looking for a DevOps Specialist to join our growing Development team at Payworks. As the first full-time position in this area, you will have the opportunity to define the role and build the foundation for our Development Enablement practice at Payworks. If you are someone that is passionate about technology and loves building tools that make others more productive, then please read on!WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE PAYWORKS
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits for you and your family and excellent pension plan with employer contributions.
- Plenty of professional development opportunities.
- Community-minded culture – Receive two paid days per year to volunteer and lots of opportunity to “Pay it Forward”.
- Time and flexibility to meet your needs – Hybrid work model with flexible work options, plus 3 weeks vacation to start, flex time and parental leave benefits.
- Cool perks – Annual wellness subsidy, Costco membership, fun office environment and events, regularly scheduled fitness classes, and more!
- Build the foundation of the DevOps practice at Payworks by establishing processes and looking for ways to make the team better
- Make recommendations on how to streamline, automate and further improve our internal development and deployment processes for CI/CD tools.
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure.
- Create and implement systems to analyze data and improve efficiencies.
- Collaborate with developers and infrastructure analysts to ensure that systems are safe and secure by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management,
- Identify areas for improvement in our day-to-day operations and implement solutions by staying up to date on industry developments and technologies.
- Set clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution.
- Operating System: Windows
- Virtualization: VMware
- Version Control Tools: GIT
- Continuous Integration Tools: Bamboo
- Build Tools: MSBuild/dotnet, Maven, Webpack, Grunt, Android SDK, XCode
- Package Repository: ProGet
- Scripting: PowerShell
- Continuous Testing Tools: Postman, Selenium, Bamboo, XUnit
- Continuous Monitoring Tools: PRTG
- Containerization Tools: Kubernetes, VMWare Tanzu
- Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA
- Web and Application Servers: Microsoft IIS, Citrix ADC
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server
- Frameworks: ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Web Forms, Vue.js
- Other: Agile
- Diploma in Business Information Technology, Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a combination of education of experience.
- Previous development experience with B2B SaaS would be great.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a desire to achieve shared goals.
- Knack for thinking outside the box and applying your innovation and problem-solving skills.
- Enjoy empowering and motivating a team, you truly believe there are no stupid questions.
- You appreciate a good challenge, whether big or small.
We are proud to support a Flexible Work Plan that allows employees, in collaboration with their leader, to choose the work location that best suits their work and lifestyle. The DevOps Specialist reports into the Payworks office, however has the option to work remotely, in the office or on a hybrid work model. Individuals working in the office and/or conducting in-person business operations must be fully vaccinated. Anyone unable to obtain a COVID-19 vaccine for a reason related to a protected ground set out in applicable provincial Human Rights Legislation may request an accommodation.
Payworks is committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, and collaborating with employees, clients and guests to identify and effectively remove barriers, in a manner that respects the principles of independence, dignity, integration, reasonable accommodation and equal opportunity. Payworks welcomes and encourages applications from all persons. Individuals applying for employment with Payworks may request accommodations at all stages of recruitment and employment from Human Resources.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position