Looking for your first job? Want to do something this summer where you can earn money working full or part time? Migis Lodge is hiring dishwashers for our upcoming season. Work as a member of a team (you never have to work alone!) operating an industrial dishwasher cleaning dishes, glassware, utensils and pots and pans in our three bay sinks. You will also learn basic kitchen food preparation techniques, and may have the opportunity to serve guests on our buffet or grab ‘n go lines. Some kitchen clean-up is required. No experience necessary, but a bit of heavy lifting is occasionally part of the job. Ages 14 and up are welcome to apply. Housing is not available for this position.
Hours: Part-time and full-time available; day shift 8am - 3pmish, evening shift 5pm-10pmish
Compensation: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour, depending on experience + additional incentive payment of 7% total wages.
Seasonal Position: 2023 May through October (flexible).
Start date: Early May 2023
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: We will provide training for enthusiastic candidates. Previous experience is not required.
Have some fun and learn a bit about how a full-service kitchen operates. Many of our dishwashers grow at Migis to become prep cooks, line cooks, and some have even gotten their footing here and have gone on to become Executive Chefs and Innkeepers. You never know where this job might take you!
Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, pots, pans, etc., using both machine and manual cleaning methods, as well as maintaining the cleanliness of dishwashing, storage and food preparation areas of kitchen.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Sort, scrape and rinse dirty dishes, glassware, tableware and other cooking equipment
· Operate mechanical dishwashing machine and three bin manual dishwashing station
· Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the dishwashing room and related areas, kitchen equipment, small wares, table wares, etc.
· Maintain cleanliness and sanitation standards as required by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services and OSHA
· Ability to perform basic food preparation tasks
· Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
· Must be able to manually handle/lift product up to 60 pounds between knee and chest
· Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift
· Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for 8 hours at a time
· Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group
· Must be eligible to work in the United States of America
· Ability to communicate orally in English with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
· Ability to read and understand labels on chemicals as well as other workplace safety signage
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods