Under general direction of the Infrastructure Manager, the Network Engineer will work within a team to design, support, and maintain the network and telephony infrastructure including the LAN/WAN, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, and VoIP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Installs, configures, and maintains all network hardware, including routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and any other devices comprising the overall network infrastructure.
2. Design, implement, and maintain the overall enterprise network topology.
3. Responsible for all routing and switching configuration changes.
4. Configures and maintains analog and VoIP telecommunications, including voicemail and instant messaging.
5. Works with external vendors and service providers to maintain Internet circuits, phone service, DIDs, etc.
6. Proactively monitors the network to ensure maximum uptime and continuously improve performance.
7. Implements and tests disaster recovery procedures as it relates to the availability of the network, telephony, server, and storage infrastructure; works closely with other members of the team on revising the plan as needed.
8. Maintains accurate inventory of hardware and detailed network diagrams and data center layout.
9. Assists with the evaluation and implementation of new technology solutions.
10. May assist with other infrastructure functions outside of networking such as Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, virtualization, application support, and general server administration.
11. Ensures all work-related tasks are accounted for utilizing a ticketing system.
12. Follows proper change management policies and procedures for all changes occurring within the environment.
13. Adheres to the BSA policy and all other bank policies.
14. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Experience working with mid-to-large sized networks and data center environments.
- Experience with networking protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, and RADIUS.
- Experience with VoIP related concepts.
- Experience with layer-2 networking, VLANs, and port-security.
- Experience with layer-3 networking and routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP.
- Experience working in an MPLS, site-to-site VPN, and SD-WAN environment.
- Experience with network security, firewall management, ACLs, and VPN.
- Experience with network monitoring using SolarWinds.
- Experience performing disaster recovery design and testing.
- Experience using a Network Access Control (NAC) solution.
- Solid understanding of change management concepts and practices.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication, documentation, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends as needed.
- Background and credit clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or another related field.
- Experience working with Fortinet and Juniper products.
- Experience designing and maintaining enterprise-level data center and branch office networks.
- CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Fortinet or Juniper certifications.
- Banking, or other financial industry related experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands or fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, or reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled