ECO Canada is the steward for the Canadian environmental workforce across all industries. From job creation and wage funding, to training and labour market research – we champion the end-to-end career of an environmental professional. We work with the federal, provincial, and municipal governments in all Canadian regions to support economic growth and environmental stewardship as best practice.
When you work at ECO Canada, you are supporting the growth of an abundant environmental workforce. Along with competitive benefits and compensation, we provide the opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team that values collaboration, high performance and, of course, celebrating our successes! We believe that rewarding, meaningful work should be part of every step of the career journey.
Are you looking for a role where you will truly make a difference and contribute to a growing industry in Canada? ECO Canada is looking for performance-driven individual to join the team immediately.
As a supporting member of the Learning team, the Training and Events Summer Student will be responsible for assisting in the planning and execution of learning for environmental professionals in Canada.While each member of ECO Canada has individual responsibilities, ECO takes a team-based approach. Everyone is encouraged to take ownership of his/her ideas and to see them through to completion, collaborating with key influencers as required.
- Assist in the planning and execution of training and events
- Moderate virtual learning sessions using Zoom, GotoWebinar or other online platforms (Digital Skills)
- Prepare and order educational aids and materials
- Maintain updated curriculum database and training records
- Order promotional items/swag and track and organize inventory
- Respond to email or phone inquiries (Customer Service/Communication)
- Assist with keeping the Training & Events calendar up to date
- Data entry/compiling
- Organize folder structure and files
- Vendor research/outreach, if needed
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in education, business, marketing, communications, human services or a related discipline
- Excellent command of the English language, with strong emphasis on written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) as well as general computer skills including file management and data entry
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to connect with people in working in all areas of the environmental sector
- Great attitude and ability to maintain control while coordinating activities and balancing multiple priorities
- Exceptional time-management, organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Well-developed, independent work ethic along with ability to communicate with the team and external parties
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal oversight
- Bilingual (French) a definite asset
This is a temporary 7-week contract position, funded by Canada Summer Jobs 2021. If you feel you are the perfect fit for this position and are looking to join a company culture that is fun, flexible and defined by our collective drive for success, please apply now through our website. Please upload your resume and cover letter as one PDF file. Applicants who do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.