Assistant General Manager
Who We Are:
MILA was created to prove that doing good for the planet doesn't have to come with compromise. Through trusted culinary innovation and a focus on internationally inspired flavour, MILA delivers an elevated, yet approachable, plant-based dining experience. Our premium casual restaurant concept was built with comfort, warmth, and a goal of bringing people together over a shared meal.
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Base wage of $21.00-$24.00 p/h based on experience
- Equal tip-out (approx. $4.00 p/h)
- Food and drink benefits
- Enormous opportunity for growth within the organization
- Extended benefits after 3 months
- RRSP Matching
- FSEAP- Family Services Employee Assistance Program
- Access to counseling services free of charge for yourself + immediate family including; personal/crisis counseling, work/life services, referrals for long term treatment, and much more.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
- We are a growth focused organization, and we support our team in reaching their goals, whether they be personal or professional. When our team succeeds, we succeed, which is why we offer career counseling, personal development planning, mental health services and much more entirely free of charge!
- We are dedicated to providing a safe and inclusive environment for all. We don’t discriminate based on ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or ability, and we strive to create a community of like-minded individuals in both our team and clientele.
- We are a tight-knit community, with a major focus on cultivating an unmatched company culture in which team members feel heard and connected.
- We take the definition of team work to the next level and operate on an equally split tip pool for all partners.
- Lead restaurant operations while on shift.
- Work closely with GM and Kitchen Manager/Head Chef to ensure high quality of food and beverages – from prep to execution, to guest experience.
- Attend weekly meetings with management team.
- Help to develop and update SOPs for restaurant.
- Control inventory, ordering, and labor cost systems.
- Manage full beverage program, including alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Training new hires and coaching existing team members with M!LA’s best practices.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve problems that arise on shift.
- Sourcing of alcoholic drinks, drink menu development and relationship building with drink vendors.
- Assisting the GM to ensure all financial, personnel, and payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Oversee a comprehensive health and safety plan and training program.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to execute marketing and sales promotions at the restaurant level.
Partner and Guest Experience:
- Responsible for assisting the General Manager with HR/hiring; training, scheduling, payroll, operations, monitoring, coaching, and reviewing of partners.
- Train FOH partners to maintain a strong work culture and brand identity as well as uphold standards of guest care.
- Resolve customer issues and ensure high-quality guest experiences.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 1+ years’ experience as a leader in the restaurant industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and inter-functional team environment.
- Comfortable being on your feet for 8-hour shifts and using ladders and step stools.
- Capacity to prioritize job duties to maintain a smooth and efficient workflow.
- A high standard of professionalism and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience in leading operations and related administrative work.
- An ability to identify areas of improvement and provide coaching where necessary.
- Experience in scheduling a team.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.