Bogus Basin Ski Education Foundation
Job Description: Travel Team Coach
The BBSEF Mission:
To provide access to competitive Mountain Sports programs for the youth of the Treasure Valley; encourage our athletes to achieve their academic and athletic goals while learning sportsmanship, building self-esteem, developing a strong work ethic and creating a lifelong love of an active lifestyle.
Core Values: Sportsmanship * Fun * Integrity * Grit * Teamwork
POSITION: Reports to the Program Director and is responsible for working cooperatively with coworkers and supervisors to coach athletes, from ages with the U12 or U16 staff as appropriate, implementing policies, programs and goals as they relate to the program at large.
Positions are full-time and part-time, depending on the position begin between September 15 - November 1 and may continue April 15. The winter schedule includes 3-6 days per week depending on position, Tuesday – Sunday. Travel required a clean driving record is required.
Previous Alpine and/or Freeski/snowboard experience coaching and competing.
USSS Coaching Certification (level 200 or above preferred)
Excellent communication skills
Effective organizational skills
· Must enjoy working with children of all ages.
· The employee is regularly required to stand for periods up to eight hours at a time in ski/snowboard boots; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; must talk and hear through walkie-talkies. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close/distant vision. Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
· The employee is regularly required to lift up to fifty pounds.
· Must be able to ski/ride at an advanced level.
· Has command of basic computer and word processing skills.
· Ability to perform essential duties efficiently and accurately, with or without reasonable accommodations and without injury to incumbent or others.
· US Ski and Snowboard coach license including Safe Sport Certification and background screening.
· Must have and maintain a clean driving record.
● Coaching of the U12 and older athletes
● Work with staff coaches cooperatively as needed
● Participate in BBSEF Fall conditioning programs as needed
● Assist with BBSEF wide events as needed
● Assist with BBSEF fundraising events as needed
Athlete training, preparation, & administration
● Develop a personal professional coaching philosophy consistent with the mission and goals of the BBSEF
● Actively support the policies, procedures, methodologies, and philosophies of the BBSEF while employed by BBSEF
● Participate in on-snow training at all levels
● Assist in organizing training camps when necessary and appropriate
● Utilize video review/archiving techniques
● Meet with athletes, coaches, and parents for program nights/explanations as needed
● Support and encourage athlete retention effort ongoing
● Attend meetings as necessary
● Attend end of year Awards Banquet
● Transport BBSEF athletes to races and projects as needed
● After each trip direct athletes to properly clean up the interior of the vehicle
● Clean vehicle after travel, wash, vacuum, wipe down interior
● Check oil change/tire rotation stickers and address as necessary
● Report all expenses (with receipts) to the ACT Head Coach
● Attend Team Captains meetings
● Assist as needed with maintaining inventory records of all program-related equipment
● Repair and maintain equipment as necessary
● Review technical videos and publications
● Attend professional development courses/seminars including local Officials Clinics to upgrade/update personal skills as required