Marina Attendant - Eldorado Resort Marina (Seasonal Spring/Summer 2021)
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
These are seasonal positions from approx May - September 2021. Start and end dates may change based on the needs of the business.
Our Marina employees are responsible for performing customer checkouts on rentals, fueling vessels, and launches. They also recover the marina’s rental fleet, and perform general cleaning of the marina and all boats and PWC, preventative maintenance and grounds maintenance within the marina.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform customer checkouts on rentals, fueling vessels, and launches.
- Recover the marina’s rental fleet.
- Perform general cleaning of the marina and all boats and PWC, preventative maintenance and grounds maintenance within the marina.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Operate office equipment (i.e., computer, copy machine, fax machine).
- Follow marina and hotel safety standards and systems.
- Foster and practice teamwork and cooperation with all other positions existing in the hotel.
- Consistently offer professional, warm and courteous hospitality to all guests.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the CREW handbook.
- Contribute to the morale and well-being of the marina team by exemplifying CREW values.
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily shift briefings.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of boating operations and provincial boating regulations.
- Knowledge of basic combustion engines.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Licensing as required by provincial laws & regulations.
- Previous experience in the hospitality or timeshare industry.
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Money handling skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Must be available to work evening shifts, holidays and weekends. Start times will vary based on business volumes and operational demands.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist those without a visa.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.