*We will only consider applicants who fill out our full application, including scheduling availability and preferences. Send us a message if you have any trouble!
Ceremony Coffee Roasters is a local specialty coffee roaster/retailer, operating in Maryland for 20 years. We strive every day to build a noteworthy brand and an exciting line of products. We value quality, integrity and community, and work together to create beautiful customer experiences. We believe that coffee should be something special. Visit ceremonycoffee.com or @ceremonycoffee on IG to learn more about us!
COMPENSATION AND EXPERIENCE
Ceremony Coffee Roasters is hiring a Barista in Annapolis. This position is hourly plus tips and benefits, and we're looking for someone who is willing to make a long-term commitment. We guarantee a minimum wage of $18 for new hires and $19 for Certified Ceremony Baristas (those who have completed our three-month on-shift training program). Our minimum wage guarantee includes an hourly base rate and cash and credit card tips. If you don't reach the guaranteed minimum with tips, we'll supplement your pay to get you there. Our compensation plan comes with regular cost-of-living increases based on hours worked. You'll earn paid sick time through Sick & Safe Leave and be eligible for health insurance with company contribution and a monthly wellness benefit after meeting entry-date requirements. We'll provide you with more information about our compensation plan and benefits during the interview process.
Coffee experience is certainly a plus, but the right candidate can learn everything they need to know by participating in our Ceremony Coffee Education Program. If you're excited by challenges and opportunities for growth, learning a new craft, or joining a fun, values-driven team, fill out our full application and one of our cafe managers will reach out to you.
BARISTA POSITION SUMMARY
As a Barista, you'll have excellent product knowledge, a thorough understanding of espresso extraction and drink building techniques, and an ability to work with confidence and professionalism while exhibiting awesome customer service skills. You'll be able to engage with customers while maintaining speed, quality, consistency and cleanliness. You'll understand how to work with your teammates to prioritize and execute the needs of the shift.
As a new hire, you:
- Act as a key player in your cafe’s effort to provide amazing customer experiences
- Greet, welcome, and assist all customers upon entry and throughout their visit
- Prepare and serve filter coffee, tea, non-espresso based drinks, and food according to Ceremony guidelines
- Accurately perform cashiering duties including sales, returns, exchanges, and cash handling
- Efficiently perform restocking, tidying, and cleaning duties
- Completion of daily and long-term checklists, meeting work quality standards set by Retail Manager
- Attend skill building classes to continuously enhance your own skill set
- Maintain knowledge of new coffees, seasonal items, and retail promotions
- Apply “get to yes” philosophy in customer interactions
- Communicate important updates to Shift Leaders during shift changes
As a Certified Barista, you:
- Are able to work independently and share the bar effectively with other staff members
- Prepare and serve espresso and milk drinks according to Ceremony guidelines
- Help guide and support entry-level employees during their training phase