Boat Dock Maintenance & Technician - Eldorado Resort Marina (Seasonal Spring/Summer 2021)
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
These are seasonal positions from approx April - September 2021. Start and end dates may change based on the needs of the business.
Under the direction of the Marina Manager our marina employees are responsible to perform customer checkouts on rentals, fueling vessels. They also recover the marina’s rental fleet, and performs general cleaning of the marina and all boats and PWC, preventative maintenance and grounds maintenance within the marina.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting in hauling boats.
- Pressure Washing.
- Light carpentry.
- Light plumbing.
- Pickup up and delivering parts.
- Dock maintenance.
- Testing the performance of marine engines and electrical systems.
- Carrying out services and minor repairs on outboard, inboard, and ship engines.
- Conducting plumbing and intake repairs.
- Troubleshooting engine and electrical problems.
- Replacing broken or worn-out engine parts.
- Repairing faulty hydraulic and steering systems.
- Conducting electrical AC system maintenance.
- Completing service records and repair documents.
- Perform general cleaning of the marina and all boats and PWC, preventative maintenance and grounds maintenance within the marina.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Follow marina and hotel safety standards and systems
- Foster and practice teamwork and cooperation with all other positions existing in the Resort
- Consistently offer professional, warm and courteous hospitality to all guests
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Actively share ideas, opinions & suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas and equipment
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Proven work experience as a Marine Mechanic.
- Knowledge of marine engine and electrical auxiliary systems.
- Knowledge of marine hydraulic systems and related parts.
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to work on the lake.
- Knowledge of boat steering systems.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist those without a visa.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.