Cardiology Specialists of Acadiana is seeking a Registered or Certified Medical Assistant for a full time position for our busy practice.
Assist the physicians with the examination and treatment of patients; perform routine and non-routine tasks necessary to keep the clinical office running smoothly.
· Take direction for daily assignments from physician’s RN Supervisor.
· Greet patients in a friendly and professional manner and escorts them to the examination room.
· Take vital signs (pulse, blood pressure, temperature) and height and weight measurements; accurately enters results in patient’s chart.
· Review and update medical history with each patient.
· Accurately complete and update patient medical record.
· Prepare patient for examination, test(s) or procedure(s).
· Prepare and maintain clean examination room prior to/during each patient appointment.
· Perform clinic duties in efficient manner to maintain smooth flow of clinic.
· Notify physician when patient is ready for examination.
· Perform procedures (ex: EKG, stress test, etc.) according to protocol as needed.
· Follow all physician’s orders for patient care and carries out in timely manner
· Adhere to universal blood and body fluid precautions.
· Adhere to OSHA guidelines and participate in safety program.
· Return patient calls within 24 hours.
· Ensure that physician is notified of all pertinent test results.
· Refer patients to appropriate outside testing and appointments as instructed by the physician.
· Correctly schedule hospital procedures as prescribed by physician; notify Pre-Cert dept in advance.
· Direct or escort patient to check-out counter upon completion of the visit.
· Perform any other services deemed reasonable by physician or supervisor.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent; completion of accredited certified medical assistant or accredited nursing program. Maintain valid Certification or Registration. A multi-tasked professional with at least 2 years’ experience in performing clinical activities in a medical environment.
Knowledge: Basic medical office procedures and medical terminology with concentration in cardiology; first aid measures; equipment, supplies and instruments used in a medical office; simple routine injections; universal blood and body fluid precautions; OSHA rules and regulations; various forms inherent to profession; patient confidentiality/HIPAA regulations.
Abilities: Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with staff members; create a responsive, caring environment for patients; respond promptly to physicians’ directions; maintain medical records in a concise and accurate manner; react quickly in emergency situations; recognize and prevent possible safety hazards; ensure proper maintenance of equipment; communicate clearly and facilitate patient education when warranted; act as advocate and assist physician in meeting the well-being needs of the cardiology patient; exercise independent judgment; perform functions that consistently fall within the legal boundaries of profession. Fosters positive working environment and teamwork approach