Responsible for making sure that all cooking procedures and recipes are followed according to Black Bear Diner standards.
• Be punctual to begin your work
• Wear proper uniform (black slacks, Black Bear Diner Tee-shirt, hat and black Slip-proof restaurant shoes) .
• Maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times, facial hair must be well trimmed, nails must be clean and trimmed, no excessive jewelry
• All recipes must be followed according to Black Bear Diner standards
• All prepped items to be tagged with dates to indicate their freshness.
• All prepped items to be shelved according to health standard for position placement.
• At the beginning of shift, make sure that all stations are fully stocked for cooking at every meal period, following all food safety and sanitation procedures to avoid cross contamination
• All hot food items must be cooked at proper temperatures, following cooking procedures
• All cold and hot food items need to be prepared at proper temperatures, following proper procedures
• All meats must be cooked at the proper temperatures
• Follow proper hygiene and sanitation procedures, hands must be washed after handling of any raw meats, use hand towels to dry hands instead of aprons
• All cutting knives and utensils must be clean at all times.
• Kitchen station must be clean at all times, free of debris and spillage.
• Keep floors clean at all times
• Maintain all freezers and refrigerators at proper temperatures
• All portion control items are to be weighed according to the recipe book
• Conduct a temperature check every two hours and ensure that is properly logged
• Make freezer pulls as directed or as needed
• Report any shortages of food supplies immediately
• Make sure to use safety procedures at all times.
• Make sure to take your breaks on time and return from your breaks on time
• You are required to work over time, if needed
• Complete any other assigned tasks willingly as designated by management
1. Must be able to stand, walk and stay on his/her feet for prolonged periods of time. This could be up to four hours without a break period to sit down.
2. Lift up to 75 pounds at a given time.
3. Be able to perform the repetitive task of line cooking which requires repetitive motion with a spatula; knife, hand-motion for mixing on an on-going basis.