Retirement Center Management has opportunities for full-time and part-ime Overnight Certified Medication Aides at our Village on the Park Onion Creek location an Independent and Assisted Living with Memory Care senior community.
11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. | 4 days on and 2 days off schedule rotation
11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. | 2 days on and 4 days off schedule rotation
11:00 p.m.- 7:00 a.m.
Must be able to work holidays
The Certified Medication Aide provides direct care to resident following an individual service plan, treats each resident with respect and dignity, recognizes individual needs, and encourages independence. Fosters a homelike atmosphere throughout the community. Must desire to work with seniors and have a tolerance for behaviors associated with dementia and other aging processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in the performance of tasks with the understanding that the responsibilities are not routine or limited to resident care matters.
- Administers medication and treatments as prescribed by physician. A monitor’s response to existing treatment plans, aware of prominent medication interactions and side effects; monitors residents for occurrence of such and notifies the Director of Resident Care. Adheres to community infection control policies and procedures relevant to medication/treatment administration.
- Assists residents with medication as defined in medication procedure. Supervises residents who self-administer medication. Exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and procedures.
- Maintains residents’ records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedure. This includes documentation related to: medication distribution, leisure activities; incidents and observations; charting any changes in resident’s physical condition and or behaviors, visitors, etc. Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the supervisor.
- Writes weekly/monthly summaries as assigned, addressing specifically the problems identified in the service plan.
- Assists with EMR training, order verification and assisting with on boarding of new employees. Entering incident reports into EMR, fax communication with MD in absence of the nurse and assistance with staffing.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the medicine supply room.
- Receives reports on all residents.
- Counts controlled substances with off going RMA, assumes responsibility for assuring accuracy of count before accepting keys.
- Provides direct resident care in accordance with the Resident Assistant Job Description.
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident requests for assistance – including emergency call pendants, telephone calls, and requests from family and friends.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Attend all inservices as required.
- Member of the community’s emergency response team.
- Maintains a professional appearance and good personal hygiene per company policies.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Certified Nurse Assistant with state-approved Medication Assistant Certification
- Current CPR
- 6 months to 1 year of prior resident care experience, preferably with seniors
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, good judgement and attention to detail
- Understanding of HIPPA requirements
Retirement Center Management considers the health and safety of its residents, family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All offers of employment with Retirement Center Management are conditioned on completing and passing a background and drug test, participating in mandatory vaccine programs (e.g., Covid-19, Flu), participating in testing requirements (e.g. Covid-19, TB) and using designated PPE when required.