WE’RE STILL HIRING!
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. – an employee owned, Alberta based company, are looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer. Do you like to travel domestically? Do you thrive in an environment that allows you to oversee challenging projects in the field and in the office? Do you like to train and mentor junior staff? Then this role is for you! Apply today.
The successful candidate will be continuing to grow and develop the geotechnical engineering team with existing and new clients in the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors.
What You’ll Be Doing:
· Working as part of an interdisciplinary team to lead and execute projects, work will be a combination of field based and office based opportunities
· Preparing technical reports, progress reports, project scheduling & resourcing, and meeting project deadlines and budgets
· Establishing, developing, promoting, and maintaining excellent relationships with clients and actively participating in the BD activities
· Training and mentoring junior staff
· Providing technical direction to the project teams on multi-discipline projects
· Deliver high quality geotechnical interpretation and design recommendations
· Design of foundation, MSE walls and shoring systems
· Assessment and design of mining facilities (open pit)
· Tailing dam design and construction and DSA/DSR
· Experience with slope stability assessment and providing innovative remediation solutions
· Experience with Pile Driving Analyzer (PDA) testing and Cross hole Sonic Logging (CSL) is an asset
· Fostering a culture of safe work practices
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Geological Engineering
- Minimum 8 years’ geotechnical engineering experience, preferably in consulting
- Must be registered with APEGA as a Professional Engineer
- Strong computer skills and familiar with geotechnical related software programs and AutoCad.
- Able to write and speak compellingly on both technical and non-technical topics
- Experience with and aptitude for business and client development
- Be well versed in risk assessment and comply with TGL general Health & Safety requirements
- Demonstrated experience with solving field construction QA/QC and engineering problems
What Conditions/Setting Will You Face:
· 50% domestic travel
· Driving on construction sites
· Working outdoors in all conditions
· Perform a Fit for Work test
· Complete a drug & alcohol test
· Schedule often involves 12-hour shifts
Terracon’s Mission, Vision, and Values
Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. is committed to achieving peerless safety and environmental benchmarks. We are responsible citizens who are driven by professional integrity and dedicated to extraordinary service. Every team member pledges to establish lasting relationships with our clients by exceeding contractual obligations, and trust through exceptional performance. We help the resource industry enhance their efficiency, accountability, and environmentally friendly operations.
Why Work for Terracon?
Come work for a forward-thinking safety culture and gain a rewarding career in business development of technical services as well as exposure to diverse and interesting earth science related projects! You can expect to work with a wide range of well-trained, safety conscious, professional engineers, geoscientists and technologists on various key projects. We offer a competitive employee package including company-paid benefit plan, employee incentives, and RRSP savings plan. Apply to learn more about your future with Terracon.
Connect with us!
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with job opportunities, safety tips, and general information.
Terracon is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees and clients including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities and person of any ethnic and national or socio-economic background.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted