It is the job of the Assistant Director of Social Service to promote, facilitate, and foster institutional outreach of community service and social justice. Working both internally and with outside partners, the Assistant Director’s job is to support students as they transform the world. This position requires evening, weekend, and summer availability.
Summary of Position:
· Overseeing the social service graduation requirement for students grades 10, 11, and 12.
· Facilitating student outreach clubs, programs, and initiatives.
· Coordinating the annual social service delegations and other annual justice events.
· Developing and maintaining community partnerships throughout the area.
Duties will include:
· Tracking and monitoring the completion of required service hours for grades 10, 11, and 12.
· Scheduling and chaperoning afterschool and weekend outreach programs.
· Introducing the social service requirement to first year students during guidance class each spring.
· Teaching the charism of the School Sisters of Notre Dame, in the context of the Gospel message, to all of the 10th grade.
· Teaching the Social Service Seminar to all of the 11th grade.
· Overseeing workshops for the service op-ed project for all of the 12th grade.
· Ensuring ethical outreach foundations in the context of Catholic Social Teaching and in keeping with the school’s DEI institutional commitments.
· Organizing the social service delegations of Notre Dame Preparatory School to locations such as El Salvador, Ecuador, Mississippi, and Virginia.
· Coordinating justice-oriented institutional traditions such as Stone Soup Day, Coffeehouse, and Dinner with our Elders.
· Implementing summer service opportunities through June and July.
· Maintaining a budget of all clubs, programs, and curricula associated with the social service office.
· Supporting and reinforcing the institutional identity of Notre Dame Preparatory School to all constituencies.
· Additional teaching duties in the religion department determined on a year-to-year basis.
· All duties as otherwise assigned by the Director of Social Service and the Headmistress.
Interested candidates are asked to attach a cover letter, resume, samples of work, and references to: https://notredamepreparatoryschool.easyapply.co
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Consistent with all applicable laws, Notre Dame Preparatory School will recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other bases prohibited by law, provided the individual is qualified, with or without reasonable accommodations, to perform the essential functions of the job.
All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principle of equal employment opportunity, and only valid job qualifications will be required.
Notre Dame Preparatory School is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled