Street Sales Specialist
Start Date: ASAP
Work Hours: Seasonal (until October 10), Full-time + Part-time roles available
Location: Downtown Vancouver
Wages: Competitive hourly wage + commission
Are you passionate about Vancouver, speaking to new people, and sharing ideas on things to do in our beautiful city? With a focus on selling our Hop-On Hop-Off city tour, sightseeing tours + attractions, we are looking for outgoing, customer-oriented, sales driven team members to work a flexible full or part-time schedule, while acting as a visitor information hub for tourists. During a shift, you may work outside or inside, and at various locations around downtown Vancouver selling our tours to guests from all over the world.
YOUR WORK WILL INCLUDE
• Selling and booking our Hop-On Hop-Off tour, sightseeing tours + attractions to guests through an iPad point of sale system
• Anticipating and initiating sales by approaching guests, asking open-ended questions, and connecting them with experiences relevant to their sightseeing expectations
• Being sales driven and guest focused, meeting sales targets
• Providing outstanding customer service to and build personal relationships with guests
• Assisting Tour Drivers by issuing tickets on-board buses
• Greeting cruise ship passengers at the Port of Vancouver as they disembark
• Professionally addressing guest complaints or concerns, elevating to Supervisor when necessary
• Keeping up to date with operational updates and facilitate communication of relevant information amongst team members
WHAT WE WILL LIKE ABOUT YOU
• You have previous experience working in a sales/customer service environment
• Outgoing personality and strong interpersonal skills
• You possess passion, integrity, adaptability with a professional and positive attitude
• You have the ability to work outdoors. This job requires standing/walking outdoors for extended periods of time.
• You have familiarity with online booking engines. Proficiency with credit card and cash transactions is an asset.
• You possess strong knowledge of downtown Vancouver including key attractions and experiences
• You can work a flexible schedule and are available to work early mornings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
• Previous tourism experience or knowledge of the industry is an asset
WHAT YOU WILL LIKE ABOUT US
• Paid training
• Central downtown Vancouver office with easy access to all transit routes
• Internal and external recognition programs for fun awards and prize opportunities
• Invitations to VIP tourism industry events, networking opportunities and familiarization tours
• The little things like free coffee, hot chocolate and sparkling water (available in-office)
Please include a Cover Letter when submitting your Resume.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.