Cassena Care at Stamford is actively seeking an In-service Coordinator/Staff Development Registered Nurse to join our energetic team of specialists!
Position Summary: Provides and/or arranges for facility wide orientation and training programs, in-service education, and other educational programs for the development of facility personnel. Provides orientation to Nursing Department, in-service and educational programs as above. Works closely with all departments and monitor, control and prevent infections at the facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Formulates implements and evaluates policies and procedures for the facility wide In-service programs. Prepares annual calendar and master schedule of mandatory and other pertinent In-service programs. Submits copy to Administrator, Assistant Administrator, Director of Nursing and Personnel Director.
- Schedules, conducts and arranges mandatory and other in-services for all staff.
- Prepares the monthly In-service calendars and distributes them to all departments.
- Keeps abreast of and recommends training resources to departments participating in Training programs.
- In conjunction with Personnel Director and Department Heads conducts and/or arranges facility orientation for all new employees. Conducts orientation for Nursing Personnel.
- Registered Nurse licensed in Connecticut. Minimum of one year nursing administration, and experience in Staff Development.
- Ability to work with supervisors, co-workers and facility staff in the performance of duties.
- Knowledge, ability and awareness of reviewing all sources and means of spread of infection and current modes of prevention.
- Knowledge of current federal and state laws and regulations that apply to the practice of nursing in a long-term care setting
- Knowledge of video/computer equipment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
About us: Our completely redesigned space embodies our commitment to redefining the rehabilitation experience. We offer comprehensive, state-of-the-art short-term, sub-acute, and long-term rehabilitation and nursing services, all delivered by a high-level team who uses the most advanced technology and treatment protocols in the industry
- Health and dental benefits
- PTO package
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
We are an EOE