Job Title: Warehouse Packer/Forklift Operator
Location: Main Location
Reports To: Safety Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The part time Warehouse Packer/Forklift Operator is responsible for following company standards as it relates to manually packing a variety of products into specified containers. As well as being responsible for safely moving empty and full product pallets in and around the warehouse between dry storage and the cooler. This position will follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Warehouse Packer Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Placing filled product (cans or bottles) into boxes to be packaged.
- Folding boxes to prepare them to be filled with product.
- Placing empty boxes into trays so that they are prepared to be filled.
- Stack cases onto a pallet after they have been filled with product.
- Place filled bottles on a conveyor belt.
- Stack plastic trays after they have been emptied.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Break down cardboard for recycling.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Forklift Operator Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate a forklift in a safe and orderly manner.
- Operate stretch wrapper according to the SOP guidelines.
- Move product from dry storage to cooler.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area, around warehouse and dry good storage area (cleans up any product and/or container spills; disposes of trash).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Flexible to work a changing schedule as business needs arise (typical workweek = 20 hours).
- Position involves some repetitive motions.
- Position requires standing for long periods (up to 12 hours), bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders.
- Very high noise levels in/around bottling line (ear protection required).
- Exposure to various temperature changes.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
Supervision of Others- This position does not require any supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Forklift experience required, ability to pass forklift driving skills test.
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies and procedures.
- Understands and follows basic verbal and written instructions.
- Maintain the production pace of other team members.
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when there is a problem.
- Love, appreciation and knowledge of beer, including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled