Sports & Play Instructor
YMCA of Bucks County seeks Sports & Play Instructors for our Fairless Hills location. Our Sports & Play Instructors will contribute to the growth of the program by leading fun, quality youth sports classes and connecting families to our YMCA. Come join us!
- Excellent communication skills and a love of working with children
- 1-2 years experience teaching/coaching children
- Must be 18 years or older
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational youth sports classes that accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Ensure classes are executed to meet the needs of all ages, levels, and abilities of children. Teachers must be able to adjust to all participants.
- Bring an enthusiastic approach to each class. Use energy to motivate the children in the class.
- Develop relationships with participants and their parents through communication and actions. Use the class time to interact with the children and the before-and-after time to connect with parents.
- Be prepared to teach each class. Plan activities and be able to adjust them to every member of the class.
- Maintain knowledge of emergency and safety procedures; provide care in an emergency, document all incidents and accidents, and report to your supervisor.
- Attend training, organizational and staff meetings as requested by your supervisor.
- Follows YMCA Human Resources & Risk Management policies and procedures of the institution.
- All other duties as assigned.
Days/Hours Needed: Weekday mornings and evenings, Saturday mornings
Pay Rate: $11.00 - $13.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Job Type: Part-time, Flexible Schedules, Long Term Opportunities Available
*An individual YMCA membership is included with employment*
YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All Qualified Women, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, and US Veterans
Encouraged to Apply
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.