The Pastry Cook is responsible for the pastry and dessert production and plate up for banquets, a la carte restaurants and fine dining including:
- Biosphere Galatoria,
- Crystal Tavern,
- Restaurant Latour,
- Springs Bistro
- Crystal Springs Banquet Department.
- Creativity, Cutting edge Pastries, Desserts, Gelatos, being a trend setter in the field is a must.
- Work closely with the Chef de Cuisines and Executive team to review the kitchen standards of all products and maintain them
- Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows, Trains and creates recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant.
- Ensure all items are restocked as needed throughout the shift. Follow up with purchasing dept. in case of missing items, or sub-standard product quality.
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the station.
- Maintains and Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Performs any additional duties as requested by the Executive Team at any time, reports directly to Executive Chef.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction and constructive criticism.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
*Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays and whenever needed.
*Must be able to train, speak, read and understand advanced cooking directions.