The Willis Road Family YMCA is seeking a cause-driven leader who desires to make a major impact in the community to join our team as a Group Exercise Instructor. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to help advance the mission of the YMCA in a committed and supportive community!
- Arrives at the branch YMCA in a timely manner in order to clock or sign in and make necessary preparations to teach the class.
- Begins and ends classes on time
- Is prepared to teach the assigned class by establishing and announcing the class format and design. All equipment and music is appropriate for the class.
- All classes taught include a warm up, main body, and cool down (warm down-water classes) and stretch.
- Keeps classes fresh by incorporating new music, and exercises or movements patterns to classes.
- Knows YMCA emergency procedures. Knows location of First Aid and AED equipment Reports all incidents/injuries to supervisor or MOD. Fills out an incident reports before leaving the building.
- Responsible to leave the room in a clean and orderly condition, ensuring that all equipment is turned off and returned to appropriate storage areas, and exercise mats and bikes are wiped down.
- Works cooperatively with supervisor and fellow instructors as part of a fitness team and demonstrates a team spirit by substituting for other instructors when available.
- Speaks positively about other instructors to members and is knowledgeable about the group exercise program in order to recommend classes to members based on their abilities and/or interests.
- Acts as an ambassador for the YMCA, connecting members by learning their names
- All group exercise instructors must hold a current Primary Group Exercise certification
- Instructors teaching specialty classes such as Cycle, Pilates, Yoga, Zumba, Body Combat etc. must also hold a current certification in the specialty taught along with their primary cert.
- Instructors hold a current CPR/AED, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention and BBP certification
4. Excellent member service skills.
5. Excellent knowledge of human anatomy, kinesiology, & physiology.
6. Marketing and sales ability.
7. Computer skills involving Microsoft Office and email.
8. Desire for health, wellness, and fitness promotion.
9. Ability to perform under stress and reach deadlines.
10. Excellent time management skills.
11. Personal passion for health and fitness.
YMCA of Greater Spartanburg is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled