The Gem City Market Cooperative, Dayton’s first multi-stakeholder community and employee-owned full-service grocery store will have our grand opening soon. We’re looking for dedicated, community-oriented servant leaders to grow with us to achieve our mission: Our mission is to serve, engage, and empower our neighborhoods by providing affordable, high quality food in a clean and welcoming environment that is worker and community owned.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Butcher will:
- Provide coordination of the meat and butchery program, wile being a key member of the entire kitchen team, implementing policies and procedures to meet federal and state requirements, by providing professional training and skills development of all culinary staff
- Support the mission, goals, and objectives of the co-op through their leadership, planning, and precise execution of all department operations including, but not limited to adhering to a budget, food ordering, inventory control, stocking, food costing and all other procedures necessary to deliver an array of high quality services to our customers
- Build and maintain an excellent fresh meat program that will provide a diverse array of offerings, while serving in the kitchen to help cover staff, cook, follow recipes and fill in as needed to create a cohesive work environment
- Be an exemplary culinary and meat fabricator through the execution of proper advanced cooking techniques, skills and proficient use of all kitchen equipment to create items that are flavorful, presentable, fresh and of high quality, while providing a high level experience to our customers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
Experience using advanced cooking techniques especially butchery, fabrication and working in a deli required
Experience serving the public required
Employee and payroll management or supervisory experience required
Highly Organized with an attention to detail
Ability to model desirable servant leadership skills and professional conduct
Experience effectively training and mentoring staff
Food costing, inventory control and ordering experience required
Experience operating a restaurant, food service, catering or deli required
Ability to work independently within established guidelines
- The willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays
At the Gem City Market Cooperative we celebrate, respect and thrive on the differences and diversity of all people in solidarity with our community, employees and in everything we do. The Gem City Market Cooperative is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, welcoming all to apply.
If you need assistance or an accommodation with the application, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 701-7432.
Rate of pay is based on experience. Great benefits including health, dental and vision will be offered to full time employees. Come be a part of a dynamic team that supports the community through access to food, employment and a great customer experience. Grow your skills and explore a career with us. Apply today!
Gem City Market Cooperative is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled