Ever thought about a career in the cannabis industry? Look no further! Aurora Innovations, the lead potting soil company for the marijuana industry for over 25 years, is hiring! Located in the heart of the black dirt region in Goshen, NY on a 140 Acre black dirt farm.
Aurora Innovations is seeking production Maintenance Mechanic employee to work on their soil manufacturing line & worm farm. Employee(s) must be punctual, multifaceted, and not be afraid to get dirty. This role consists of heavy manual labor and lots of dirt. Your day would consist of but not limited to working with the soil machine bagging and sealing bags of potting soil, lifting bags of dirt above 50+, stacking bags of potting soil on pallets, feeding the worms, wrapping pallets, working outside, running equipment, flipping wooden trays with dirt in them, shoveling, sweeping, cleaning etc..
- Inspect, troubleshoot, repair, replace, install, adjust, lubricate, and maintain all mechanical equipment.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance on equipment and troubleshoot machine malfunctions.
- Detect the problem then implement the repair(s).
- Analyze plant processes, design, and implement improvements.
- Manages relations with parts vendors and service contractors.
- Perform tasks such as removal, installation, alignment, leveling, and coupling of all manufacturing equipment.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical control, wiring, and systems.
- Ability to diagnose electrical problems using electrical drawings and diagrams.
- Inspect mill equipment, chains, belt conveyors, and gear boxes/drive chains for maintenance or repair.
- Assist home office with custom fabrication of tooling and equipment, from a crude rough sketch to a functioning piece of equipment.
- Welding experience
- Electrical experience
- General understanding of mechanic, pneumatic & hydraulic systems
- Experience tracking & running conveyor systems
- 3+ years of experience as a maintenance mechanic is a plus
- Must have your own tools
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be able to lift 40+ lbs.
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday with some Saturdays
- Weekend availability
Aurora Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin , ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position