Department: Security (Non-Exempt)
Hours per week: 40/Full Time
Reports directly to: The Assistant Director and indirectly to the Director and Corporate.
Shift Supervisor also works as a Monitor and supervises Security Monitors on shift. Provides care for residents and ensures organizational goals are being met. Assists with employee development and established a safe working environment.
Education and Qualifications:
High School diploma or GED required. One year of experience in the reentry/correctional field is required. One year supervisory experience is required. Experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis with approval from COO/CFO/Executive Director or Human Resources. Must have good communication skills and be able to articulate professionally, verbally and in writing. Must complete annual training required by the contract. Available to work any shift any time any schedule. Must have a valid driver’s license and social security card issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration, and be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or another person lawfully admitted into the United States. Must pass a federal background check
Skills and Specifications:
- Problem-solving, planning and prioritizing
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Information gathering and monitoring
- Flexibility, adaptability, teamwork and customer service orientated
- Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
The Shift Supervisor shall assume the following job responsibilities:
- Supervises Security Monitors on shift.
- Recommends disciplinary action for employee violations.
- Monitor facility grounds and equipment to ensure they are free from hazard and reports faulty equipment for immediate repair.
- Reviews files, various logs, and tasks to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct urinalysis and Breathalyzer tests as needed.
- Conduct resident counts as needed.
- Monitor resident movement and ensure sign in/sign out procedures are being completed correctly and in compliance with the contract.
- Conducts audits to ensure, documents, logs, and reports are being completed accurately and in compliance with the contract.
- Delegate tasks to Security Monitors such as random Breathalyzer, random room searches, pat searches and walk through.
- Oversee shift operations.
- Participate in the hiring process for Security Monitors if needed.
- Supervise and train Security Monitors on RRC and BOP policies and procedures.
- Assist in creating the staff schedule if needed and forward vacation/sick leave requests.
- Ensure all security posts are manned and personnel is alert and on task.
- Supervise/lead fire drills.
- Assist with staff evaluations if needed.
- Be able to perform all Security Monitor duties as needed.
- Counsel and develop Security Monitor if/when needed.
- Inform the Program Director and/or Assistant Director of any issues or concerns regarding the facility.
- Ensures information is passed down daily to the next shift.
- Must be available to work any shift any time any schedule.
- Local travel may be required.
- Complete all annual training required by the contract.
- Complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Reports any violation of company policy, employee handbook Standards of Conduct, etc…
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Alternatives, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual
orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or
WORKING ALTERNATIVES INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled