Dexcent provides a range of highly specialized engineering consulting services and solutions aimed specifically at optimizing industrial plant operations and business performance through in-depth knowledge and expertise in industrial information systems, industrial infrastructure systems, and process control systems. Dexcent also has created and licenses software that our clients use to support and enhance these three specialized industrial areas.
Dexcent's mission is built on the realization that automating a business is a key differentiator for our clients to remain competitive in today’s global economy. Our Mission is to “provide our clients with intelligence about their industrial systems, empowering them to make the ‘right’ decisions at the ‘right’ time to optimize their business operations”.
As much as we focus on our clients, we know our resources are the key to our success and future, and if you succeed, we succeed. Working hard to build a diversified, fulfilling career for all of our employees and to keep up with our rapid pace of growth, Dexcent is continuously seeking talented and focused individuals who can contribute, lead and be a part of this exciting process.
When you choose Dexcent, you are looking to join a diverse & multicultural workforce of professionals who have worked globally and have a wide range of industry experience. We take pride in having a versatile team of cross-trained professionals who are committed and passionate about their work. Over the years our culture has fostered an environment where resources have an attitude of “wanting to work” as opposed to “having to work”. Dexcent offers career development opportunities and competitive wages; based on eligibility requirements, individuals may be eligible for our comprehensive benefits plan and performance-based bonuses.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers with an excellent analytical ability, consultative, and communication skills
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are maintained and observed for all work completed.
- Conduct Cyber Security vulnerability assessments based on prominent security frameworks and best practices.
- Develop Cyber Security focused solutions based on engineering principles.
- Investigate and recommend new Cyber Security compliant designs to meet project requirements.
- Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Conduct accurate and reliable cost and time estimations.
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external clients to ensure timely delivery of the project, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Create documentation for internal and external clients including user manuals, network diagrams, drawings and policies, and SOPs.
- Maintain accurate records and files as needed for the project and in accordance with the project execution plan.
- Conduct hardware acceptance test for Cyber Security environment.
- Adhere to test procedures on OT environment and OT cabinet check sheets for proper execution.
- Supervise functionality testing of OT systems and review supplier test reports for completion.
- Inspect the accuracy of the OT drawings for accuracy with the system build.
- Verify completion of punch list items, final turnover and CIP approval as needed and submit final inspection release to the client
- Accurately document quality control results.
Maintenance and Support
- Provide on-site technical support for third-party systems to maintain, configure, update, and patch security applications including antivirus, vulnerability scanners, infrastructure monitoring, SIEM devices, two-factor/token authentication, Active Directory group policy, etc.
- Respond to and remediate cyber events/threats
- Define procedures to identify and resolve ongoing issues with the Cyber Security environment
- Conduct training internally and externally as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related technical field with at least three (3) years of related experience
- Registered with The Association of Professional engineers, and Geophysicists of Alberta (APEGA) or The Association of Science and Engineering Professionals of Alberta (ASET)
- Working knowledge and experience with prominent security frameworks and best practices (NIST, ISA, NERC)
- Understanding the difference between control system networks and traditional IT networks
- Experience in the industrial process environment including DCS, PLCs, SCADA, etc.
- General knowledge of control system protocols (DNP3, Modbus, etc.)
- General knowledge of basic serial communications
- Experience with network security
- Experience and/or familiarity with IDS, NIDS, and other methods of threat detection
- Experience and/or familiarity of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience and/or familiarity with system security configurations for Windows, Unix, and/or Linux systems
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Ability to self-learn new applications/technologies
- Able to work within a team and when required independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with a well-developed professional phone manner and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Travel as required to support projects
*This position can be based out of Edmonton or Calgary*
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.