As a condition of employment, all Curio Wellness employees must comply with the State of Maryland requirements which include providing a copy of your fingerprints in the required format and consenting to an FBI Background check and Drug Screen.
Security Officer to undertake the surveillance of our premises and the protection of our staff and visitors. You will be responsible for detecting any suspicious behavior and preventing vandalism, thefts or other criminal behavior.
A security officer must be well-trained in surveillance and dealing with perpetrators. The ideal candidate will inspire respect and authority as well as possess a high level of observation.
The goal is to help the company in maintaining excellent working conditions by keeping our facilities safe and problem-free.
As a Delivery Driver, you will distribute products promptly to our customers. They will represent our company in a professional and cost-effective manner to increase our profitability and customer satisfaction.
Qualifications & Skills:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure the security of doors, windows, and gates.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain the security of premises.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
- Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent the passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Maybe asked to drive and guard vehicle to transport product, money, and valuables to prevent theft and ensure safe delivery.
- Assist in loading and unloading vehicle with items to be delivered
- Ensure that items are properly stacked and secured inside the delivery vehicle
- Take delivery instructions from supervisors
- Chart out the appropriate route for delivery on the map or GPS
- Maintain proper knowledge of loaded items
- Ensure that appropriate and complete documentation is available at the time of loading
- Drive vehicle to the point of delivery by using the best possible route
- Make sure that speed limits are adhered to in order to ward off possible misadventures
- Ensure that the vehicle’s paperwork is in order
- Assist in unloading items off the vehicle in a safe manner
- Ensure that delivery receipts are signed
- Collect payments for deliveries made and tend to change
- Fill in pertinent information such as mileage and delivery time in company provided log books
- Check vehicle for possible wear and tear
- Ensure that both general and preventative maintenance measures are performed on the vehicle
- Change vehicle fluids on a regular basis
- Clean vehicle from the inside and the outside
- Perform diagnosis and troubleshooting activities on the vehicle when needed
- Ensure that the delivery schedule is followed
- Handle invoice discrepancies by informing superiors of problems and complaints
- High school education
- At least 21 years old
- Able to stand, run, walk 90% of the time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; Clean driving record
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Law enforcement/security firm experience
- Certificate from a security agency
It is important for delivery drivers to be able to use technology to plot routes so that timely deliveries can be made. Knowledge of local and interstate routes is also a prerequisite for this position.
Job Type: Full-time