Working at MEMX:
Members Exchange (MEMX) is a growing FinTech firm founded by a group of leaders in the world’s financial markets and is seeking to register as a new stock exchange. Our people are the foundation of our business, and we are off to a great start assembling a talented team who are ready to collaborate, innovate, and challenge the status quo. We are committed to maintaining the culture we have set in motion -- we take great pride in our selection process -- and that starts with finding the right people. If you are interested in learning about our opportunities, we would love to hear from you.
Job Description: Surveillance Analyst
Members Exchange (MEMX) is searching for a surveillance professional to assist with the monitoring and regulation of its market. The Surveillance Analyst will use analytical tools and surveillance systems to detect potential violations of both MEMX rules and federal securities rules and regulations. The Surveillance Analyst will function as part of the regulatory team which seeks to protect the integrity of the market.
- Utilize computer resources and specially designed applications to analyze and review trading activity deemed to be unusual or suspicious as well as other output generated by the surveillance system
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis to validate surveillance output using various market data tools and specialized software applications
- Communicate with member firms orally and in writing to obtain information relevant to activity under review
- Analyze member firms’ responses to determine if further investigation or further action is warranted
- Investigate potential issues arising from operational and business units within MEMX
- Assist in surveillance design, parameter testing and creation / maintenance of surveillance procedures
- Surveillance Analyst will ensure that surveillances are kept current with MEMX business offerings and market structure changes in order to recommend enhancements when necessary
- Prepare memoranda to document the MEMX investigative process, member firms responses, and to recommend dispositions
- Research and respond to complaints
- Analyze and research activity referred by other regulators
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Prior surveillance experience at either a broker dealer or regulator essential
- Experience in surveillance of securities markets, specifically equities and or equity derivatives
- Knowledge of U.S. markets and market structure
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience demonstrating analytical capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail
- Competence with a PC, applications such as excel used in analysis and ability to learn specialized applications is essential
- Strong data analytics capabilities with the ability to write and execute SQL database searches (a plus)
- Self-starter who can work independently in a real-time environment
Why MEMX: At MEMX you will have the ability to work with a talented team of professionals who bring diversity of thought and background. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of our company and the impact MEMX will have on our clients and the broader markets. We offer competitive employee benefits and perks and will continue to make this a priority to attract the best.