The Beverage Operations Manager is responsible for beverage ordering, inventory control, and bar labor costs.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for beverage ordering and inventory in the multi-outlet restaurants.
- Develop and maintain departmental procedural manuals and training programs.
- Lead, coach, encourage and train employees as necessary. Motivate staff to perform duties to the highest level of excellence.
- Responsible for the daily operations of the Star Bar, while in season.
- Maintain a presence near all service areas, assisting in different areas as needed.
- Utilize software systems for ordering and inventory control.
- Design and develop beer, wine, and cocktail menus.
- Make certain equipment is properly cleaned and maintained.
- Uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Manage shifts which include daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality, and cleanliness.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning beverage quality and service.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations, and by conducting performance reviews.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Attention to Detail.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
An event venue and commercial kitchen environment. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The employee may be exposed to hazards including, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls and burns. Frequent hand washing is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
Physical Environmental Demands:
- Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-50 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 3-5 years of supervisory restaurant experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
- ServSafe certified.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.