We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
WHO WE ARE
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
We are currently looking for a few part-time Servers to join our food and beverage team at our Planet Ice facility located in Coquitlam, British Columbia. This role will be responsible for having strong knowledge of our menu items and providing patrons with a positive food & beverage experience in a family, sports-related atmosphere. This role will report to the Boomer’s General Manager.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
- Know and abide by our service guidelines and expectations (meet and exceed service expectations)
- Have proper knowledge of the use and operation of all departmental controls
- Ensure all work areas are clean and ensure all items are being stocked
- Have knowledge and understanding of all food and liquor as well as service procedures
- Have knowledge of entire menu items including taste, presentation, and preparation time
- Ensure quality of product before presenting to guests
- Ensure all needed items and utensils are supplied for menu items ordered
- Have knowledge of all cash reconciliation procedures
- Be knowledgeable in all payment methods and how to settle them
- Promote teamwork by looking for ways to assist fellow employees
- Thoroughly understand Micros POS procedures and ensure orders are accurate
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by General Manager.
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal communication & customer service skills
- A friendly and professional manner
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
GSL Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position