An Interactive Banker’s (IB) primary responsibility is to
process transactions via Interactive Teller Machines (ITMs) accurately and
efficiently in a fast-paced environment in accordance with established policies
and procedures. (Interactive Bankers are
in our Customer Support Center, not in our banking centers)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- ITM transactions are predominantly routine and include basic teller
transactions, for example, cashing and depositing checks. (Use
computerized systems for customer authentication, information
gathering/validation and processing business as usual, as well as exception
- Must have good communication skills in a face-to-face customer
environment and be comfortable being always on camera, as customers will see
the Interactive Banker via video transmission from the ITM to the Interactive
Banker’s computer desktop.
- The Interactive Banker must
act as First Guaranty Bank’s face to the customer and consistently seek to
delight our customers by demonstrating our Customer Service
- Build customer loyalty through courtesy and friendliness, including
addressing each customer by name.
- Ensure bank policies and procedures and regulatory requirements,
such as Anti-Money Laundering and Bank Secrecy Act are adhered to.
- May be required to work weekends and/or evening hours and regular, reliable
attendance is critical.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Minimum of six months customer service experience
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Bilingual speaking preferred, English and Spanish.
- Ability to respond and assist customer with inquiries
- Careful attention to detail and time management
- Comfortable with emerging technologies- virtual customer
- Previous teller/banking/new accounts experience of at least 1 year
- Ability to identify customer financial needs, goals, and objectives
- Ability to identify and mitigate potential fraud and other
- Previous cross-sales and/or referral experience
- Technology proficient – strong core technology skills, coupled with
the ability to quickly learn and effectively utilize new technology
- Strong professional presence on camera
- Any other duties given by supervisor
to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
all policies and procedures are adhered to.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this
position, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen to customers.
The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand;
walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment
is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s)
incumbent in this position. Employees
will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform
any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give
instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are
essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the
incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty
proficiently. Some requirements may
exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health
or safety of themselves or others. The
requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills,
This document does
not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled