Summary of Position
for the operation and coordination of dish-washing, organizing, and cleaning of
dish pit, storage areas and garbage cans in the kitchen. Responsible for maintaining
the kitchen with clean and sanitary equipment, dishes, glassware, and utensils used
for cooking and serving guests utilizing the dish machine or manually.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
and Responsibilities include the following, but not limited to the following,
and any other duties that may be needed or assigned.
- Report to work in uniform
as scheduled, ready to work.
- Wash dishes, glassware,
flatware, and pots and pans using dishwashers or by hand.
- Place clean dishes,
utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas
- Maintain kitchen work
areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Clean and prepare various foods for cooking.
- Stock paper supplies in dry storage areas, help keep food stocked in walk-ins and kitchenware in serving stations.
- Clean garbage cans with water and degreasers as needed.
- Sweep and scrub floors.
- Sort and remove trash, including recyclables, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Responsible for constant sanitation, organization and proper food handling. Follow checklists and standard operational procedures.
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Must have a current Food Handler's certification card and keep it up-to-date.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the Kitchen Supervisor or Lead as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must be 18-years or older.
- Basic oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of kitchen practices and procedures.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with constant changes.
- Able to work independently and part of a team.
physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Controlling Machines and
Processes — using either
control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or
- Requires intermittent periods during
which continuous physical exertion may be required, such as walking, standing,
stooping, climbing, reaching, kneeling, crouching, and lifting; some of which
may be heavy or awkward.
- Requires ability to stand, talk, hear,
taste, and smell.
- Requires regular lifting and/or moving
up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to
- Requires working in an area where high
levels of noise and dust can be expected.
- Will work in conditions in which at
times you may be subject to walking on oiled and slick surfaces.
- Completion of High School or GED
- Dishwasher experience preferred
Certificates / Licenses /Registrations
- Applicant must possess a current
working home or cell phone.
- Food Handler Certificate
Company-issued shirt, apron, black pants, and slip resistant shoes, clean and manicured
nails. Hair must be pulled back away from face at all times.