Join Our Team As A Personal Support Assistant!
Jarlette Health Services is a family-centric organization that has built a tradition of excellence in making an outstanding difference in the lives of the residents, families, employees, and communities it serves. As a proudly Canadian organization, with 14 Long Term Care Homes and 7 Retirement Lodges across Ontario, Jarlette Health Services has established itself as an industry leader with over 50 years of experience in the dynamic senior care sector.
At this time, we are looking for passionate, results-driven individuals to join and grow with our team. Jarlette Health Services is proud to offer competitive wages, benefit packages and career advancement opportunities. Under the direction of the Registered Staff, the Personal Support Assistant is responsible and accountable for providing optimum services in the provision of activities of daily living, dining services, comfort and companionship to promote the well being of each individual resident.
Ideal Candidate Traits, Qualifications and Job Duties
- Secondary School Diploma preferred.
- Provides day to day services and support to individual residents to offer a warm, safe environment , ensuring comfort and welfare needs are met;
- Support and guide residents to home events that promote a positive resident experience;
- Acts as a resident companion as directed; provides comfort and support and companionship to residents.
- Practices safe food handling techniques throughout all aspects of food service;
- Assists with table/tray preparation, service of beverages and accompaniments, and serving food;
- Maintains a safe and clean environment for residents utilizing infection control principles
- Experience in customer service or working with seniors preferred
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of a team
- Ability to model the warmth of human connection in communicating with residents, families , and visitors
- Sensitive and empathetic to the needs of others
- Must demonstrate an active interest in ongoing education
- Must be computer literate
Please note, employment with Jarlette Health Services will be contingent on receipt of a current Criminal Reference Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening. Jarlette Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate individuals with disabilities through each stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know.