About MacCosham Inc.
MacCosham has been providing rail yard terminal services for over 50 years and is experienced in the management of a variety of yard configurations. In addition to our rail intermodal terminal services, including lift-on/lift-off of containers and hostler services, we also operate several container and chassis repair depots associated with rail yard terminal services, with a full range of mechanical, welding and associated repair services.
MacCosham Inc. is looking for a full-time, permanent Tire Man / Non-Licensed Serviceman to join our growing team in Calgary, AB. The successful applicant for this position will be responsible for assisting in the trailer mechanic shop, repairing chassis, tire work and components.
- Responsible for maintaining MacCosham equipment in a safe and cost efficient manner
- Performing routine maintenance and servicing
- Repairing trailers, containers, chassis, and other equipment
- Repair or replace chassis components such as, glad-hands, and lights.
- Repair or replace tires on chassis such as patches, valve stems, and retorques.
- Make repairs on units in a timely and safe manner
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
- Must be able to complete all fleet maintenance processes
- Assisting the other shop personnel fulfill their duties and increase overall shop productivity.
- Clean own personal area during and at the end of each shift.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
- Capable of meeting the physical demands of the heavy duty equipment environment (i.e. lifting up to 75 pounds)
- Previous mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn required
- Forklift experience and experience with trailer repairs is considered an asset
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Must be capable of working under minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate safe and efficient workplace practices
- Highly motivated team player, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to carry out and understand verbal and written instructions
- Strong attention to detail
MacCosham is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, colour, religion, sex, age, or disability in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation and benefits paid to them. MacCosham values the diversity of each individual we hire and serve. We foster a safe workplace where individuals feel welcomed, recognized, appreciated, and respected for their differences.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the MacCosham team, but only select candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.