Title Alliance currently has an opening for a high energy Escrow Officer with industry experience and excellent customer support skills in our Federal Way, WA location
Join us as we continue to expand our footprint and our brand!
Escrow Officers are responsible for establishing new escrow accounts and processing escrow documents in accordance with established policies and procedures. Acts as a neutral third-party between buyers and sellers during a real estate sale, managing funds and processing real estate transactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing closing documents; disbursing funds.
- Determines escrow requirements by studying and clarifying buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Obtains clear title by ordering title reports; resolving title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against property or principals.
- Establishes escrow account by depositing funds; maintaining records.
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and procedures; answering questions; checking documents for completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing and distributing final closing statements and title.
- Prepares HUD by utilizing lender instructions; Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Complies with regulatory requirements by adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
- Acts in an advisory capacity, making recommendations which may have an important bearing on the conduct of the business.
- Other duties as required.
- Must have a high school diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Resware experience is required
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of industry experience performing escrow and title duties
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- Experience using the MS Office suite
- Demonstrated mastery of multi-tasking effectively, particularly in fast-paced and high volume situations
- Notary or ability to obtain within 90 days
- Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes through effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment and effectiveness in the delivery of and focus on customer service to drive value
Title Alliance Ltd. is a renowned leader in the real estate industry providing an innovative title and escrow services one customer experience at a time through the creation and management of highly successful title joint ventures. We are recognized as the employer of choice because we understand the most valuable investment we can make is in our team of passionate and committed industry professionals. Together we are expanding a compliant and customer-driven title and escrow experience into newer markets while continuously providing innovative industry expertise. Founded in 1948, we have formed joint ventures in Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Virginia since 1983.
Title Alliance is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company and offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to participate in our team bonus program. Some of the benefits you will enjoy include: comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance at competitive rates; generous paid time off plan; company-paid - life insurance, short term, and long term disability; 401k; employee assistance program and more!
Title Alliance is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Title Alliance LTD is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled