Ice Maintenance Staff (All Locations)
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Who we are:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
All of our Planet Ice locations (Coquitlam, Delta, and Maple Ridge) are currently seeking 2-3 full-time/part-time Ice Maintenance Staff members. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role is responsible for the operation and maintenance of all areas of the facility, including 2 ice surfaces, common areas, and a restaurant. The successful candidate should be positive and team-oriented while providing exceptional customer service.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let’s get into the details:
A day in the life:
- Equipment operation
- Janitorial maintenance including building maintenance
- Maintain a good working relationship with other staff, the public, and most importantly the facility users
- Able to exercise some independence in judgment and action in accordance with established practices and procedures
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on various shifts as the arena operates 7 days a week, 24 hours per day
- Able to deal tactfully and firmly with groups and individuals to ensure observance of rules and regulations
- Prepare reports and organize records.
You own this if you have:
- High School diploma
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- WHMIS Training certificate
- A BC Government 4th Class power Engineer Certificate, Refrigeration Operators Ticket, or Ice Facility Operator Ticket, or willing to obtain a ticket during the probationary period.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in ice-making and refrigeration operation
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in janitorial and building maintenance work
- Experience in operating ice resurfacing equipment, edgers, ice making, and refrigeration equipment.
Ideally, you will have:
- Portrays a very professional demeanor
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player, willing to take initiative, and eager to learn
Benefits, perks & other cool stuff:
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
More About Us:
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position