The Production Process Engineer will report to the
Manager, Production Engineering and will be responsible for offering technical expertise
to operations and support the manufacturing process development and improvement
for all products manufactured at Photon Control. The Production Process Engineer
will work in close co-operation with cross-functional and will have a hands-on
approach, technical intuition, inquisitiveness, safety/quality prioritization,
teamwork, and effective communication.
- Establish and lead non-conformance and CAPA
program to ensure all deviations are identified and recorded and that all appropriate
corrective actions are addressed and implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
- Lead and implement continuous improvement projects
by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working
practices, business processes and ERP systems to eliminate waste and enhance
- Assist and train operators in improvement methods
such as lean six sigma, 5S, visual management etc.
- Monitor progress and drive completion of projects,
to assure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of
- Utilize standard Project Management tools to
ensure consistent project deployment practices.
- Develop and install the design, installation, configuration,
and commissioning of NPIs at Photon Control.
- Develop process automation solutions to improve
quality, increase capacity, and reduce cost.
- Assist in development of technical specifications
and ‘build-in quality’ documentation in the NPI stage including FMEAs, Control
Plans, Process Flow Diagrams and product/process requirements.
- Conduct root cause analysis to troubleshoot
manufacturing/business and assembly issues, material flow, project plans,
production capacity etc. Apply advanced problem-solving methodology such as
DMAIC, 8D analysis etc. to identify effective solutions to complex issues with
unknown root causes.
- Support the Production Engineering team with
equipment maintenance, verification and calibration requirements as required.
- Write and edit technical documentation to enable
controlled implementation of any changes to released products following the
- Able and willing to carry out any other duties and
projects as required by the company.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering in
Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a
similar manufacturing or industrial engineering role
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Lean Six Sigma is
- Lean Six Sigma training and Green Belt
certification is required
- Practical experience using root cause analysis,
problem solving methodologies, cause and effect 5W&1H, 8D, Fishbone
(ishikawa) is required
- New Product Introduction (NPI) experience is an
- Competent in the use of vector graphics
application Visio to create PFDs and plant layout drawings.
- Experience of operating in a Copy Exact!
environment an asset
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or other related professional designation an asset
This position comes with an excellent compensation and benefits package. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Photon Control Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, representative, and inclusive work environment where all employees are treated equally. Thank you for your interest in a career with us.