The Valet Attendant is responsible for welcoming guests, assisting guests with their luggage and parking/retrieving guests’ vehicles.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets guests upon arrival with enthusiasm and efficiency.
- Assist guests with opening/closing vehicle doors.
- Provide guests with assistance of unloading their luggage from their vehicles and bringing luggage to their rooms.
- Tag guest vehicle keys with date and time, registration number, make/model, room number and contact number of the guest.
- Park guests’ vehicles in predetermined areas within the parking lot, following all traffic laws.
- Operate vehicles safely and responsibly.
- Perform limited concierge services when a guest has questions about area attractions.
- Stay informed with multiple events taking place on property.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the supervisor or manager.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates outdoors in a hotel setting. This position is required employee to work outside in all inclement conditions. This role requires good physical resilience and ability to work at a high pace while standing throughout the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. This position is required employee to work outside in all inclement conditions. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time.
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time.
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time.
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Ability to operate manual and automatic vehicles.
- Prior customer service experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.