Position Summary: A Fine Gardening Senior Account Manager is a full-time position that is responsible for a portfolio of Fine Gardening/Seasonal Rotation accounts (primarily residential). Responsibilities include designing seasonal rotations and small landscape projects; estimating and creating proposals for seasonal rotations, landscape enhancements, and maintenance services; and, building strong relationships with new and existing clients by having a clear understanding and knowledge of each client’s expectations and delivering “awesome” on those expectations. The minimum annual portfolio management will be $650,000+.
Reports To: Fine Gardening Director
- Design unique seasonal rotations (spring, summer, fall, and winter) and landscape enhancements (e.g. new containers, plants, hardscapes, lighting, irrigation, etc.) that meet and exceed our clients’ objectives.
- Perform site analysis, including taking accurate property measurements and photos of the site.
- As needed prepare design drawings of landscapes.
- As needed create artistic plan presentations with styling images for clients.
- Generate estimates and contracts that calculate the accurate costs of materials, labor and equipment for maintenance services, seasonal rotations, and landscape enhancements.
- Create estimates, contracts, and style guides with correct spelling and precise composition.
- Ensure that gross profit goals are achieved.
- Generate sales by updating, revising, and renewing contracts with a new and existing portfolio of clients.
- Generate sales through the enhancement of landscapes by offering appropriate additional upgrades/services that enhance the quality of each landscape through regular review of client landscapes.
- Help establish annual division revenue forecasts, expenditure budgets, and cash flow projections.
- Use the CRM database to manage all accounts, communications, and sales on a daily basis.
- Work with FG Director for direction, guidance, and input.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with clients through in-person meetings, phone calls, email, and (when appropriate) texts.
- Meet and collaborate with clients to understand their goals and desires for their projects.
- Keep abreast of client problems, document in CRM (Customer Relation Management software) and provide pro-active solutions in a timely manner.
- Work cooperatively with FG Scheduler and in-field teams to ensure the success of installations and service by helping to plan, schedule, and implement the tasks of multiple field crews on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Collaborate and contribute to the creative process as both a leader and a member of the Topiarius team by participating in company strategizing, working with internal and external partners, and making recommendations for changes to meet market trends, competitive threats or strategic plans.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled sales meetings.
- Attend and participate in regular staff meetings.
- Maintain a professional, helpful, and optimistic attitude when working with all Topiarius staff and clients.
- A degree in Horticulture (or equivalent).
- 5 plus years’ experience in the landscape industry.
- Experience with residential design and implementation, specifically in the Midwest region.
- Experience doing in-field landscaping.
- Expertise in annuals.
- Expertise in seasonal décor materials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs.
- Ability to take photos using a camera or a mobile phone.
- Strong interest in current design trends - loves learning.
- Strong commitment to meeting quantitative and qualitative goals.
- Proven track record and minimum annual sales $450,000 - $500,000.
- Able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously.
- Thinks outside traditional design – “out of the box.”
- Has excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills.
- Handles details accurately with strong organizational skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Personal commitment to Topiarius’ mission.
- Basic understanding of budgets, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- The ideal candidate will manage projects from the concept stage to payment.
- Personal vehicle with insurance and clean driving record.
Activity / Movement:
- Required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as viewing a computer terminal and analyzing data and figures.
- Routinely works at a desk.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to thirty pounds.
- Typically bends, stoops, and crouches on a regular basis.
- Moves about to coordinate work.
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience using LMN application.
- Expertise with "Green" technology and design.
- Proficient in CAD software.
- Proficient in Google Sketch-up.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and/or Photoshop.
- Knowledge and experience with landscape and carpentry tools and equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with drip irrigation and lighting systems.
- Skilled at free-hand drawings/renderings.
- Able to speak conversational Spanish.
Hours and Compensation:
- Monday – Friday, limited Saturdays.
- Exempt, Salaried Position.
- Base Salary $50 – $60,000 plus commission.
- 401K option.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Relocation not included.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Time.
- Company cell phone.
- Medical and dental insurance plans.
- PayActive (for times when accessing your earned wages before you get your check is necessary).
- Complimentary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans.
Note: Topiarius is a non-union shop.
Visit Topiarius’ website (www.topiarius.com) to become familiar with our company. Review the full job description for this position at https://www.topiarius.com/jobs/.
- Final candidates may be required to undergo a background check.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law.
- Nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.