We are seeking an enthusiastic, scientifically motivated research associate to join our target biology team. The candidate will play a significant role in the implementation of in vitro studies to characterize and differentiate the biological consequences of our small molecule therapeutics to advance early drug discovery programs. The ideal candidate will possess a background in biology and experience in a research laboratory setting. In addition, the successful candidate will have a strong commitment to team success, ability to work effectively as part of a team, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. This position seeks individuals who are comfortable in a fast-paced environment and interested/committed to laboratory-based research. While a lot will be expected of this candidate, C4 Therapeutics is committed to investing in you by providing strong leadership, defined career growth opportunities, exposure to state of the art techniques, and a highly positive workplace environment with top talent.
- Perform cell-based studies to support identification/validation/differentiation of small molecule mechanism of action. Routine implementation of a wide variety of laboratory techniques: mammalian cell culture, cell-based genetic engineering (lentiviral, CRISPR), flow cytometry, etc.
- Maintain written records of laboratory experiments, data, conclusions and communicate results in a clear/concise manner.
- Contribute to laboratory organization and maintenance
- BS in biology or other relevant disciplines with 1-5 years of experience working in a research laboratory setting.
- Experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture is preferred.
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn, strong work ethic, attention to detail, organizational skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Works well in a collaborative team-oriented environment and is capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.