PT Sales Associate – FAO Schwarz Flagship Store
Our Story So Far
Founded in 1862, FAO Schwarz is one of the oldest and most iconic toy retailers in the world. Frederick August Otto Schwarz dreamed of a marvelous, bountiful emporium full of extraordinary, one-of-a-kind toys from all over the world. His dream became a reality, and as one of America's oldest brands, we have provided this wonder to families for more than 160 years.
The Sales Associate is responsible for delivering the FAO Schwarz brand to each guest as they visit the store, ensuring they receive care, attention, and excitement. The Sales Associate covers many functions across the sales floor including cash wrap, selling across key FAO Schwarz branded areas, and sales support in key areas.
Reporting to: Sales Manager
What You’ll Do
- Use the FAO Schwarz selling vision to effectively engage and delight each guest.
- Build authentic connections with guests to build rapport and relationships during their visit, at times handling multiple guests simultaneously.
- Demonstrate product knowledge by introducing key items to guests based on your understanding of their needs.
- Maintain good understanding of store layout and local area to be able to effectively and accurately handle guest queries.
- Handle POS transactions, adhering to policies and procedures to accurately process each transaction for the guest.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic merchandising principles in order to maintain the floor layout and planograms on a daily basis.
- Support with stock refilling and other product tasks as needed.
What You Have
- 1+ year experience in a fast-paced premium retail or experience-based environment preferred.
- Capable of lifting up to 25 pounds, and bending, twisting, and standing for long periods of time.
- A love of the FAO brand.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal ability.
- Flexible availability in line with a Flagship Retail environment across days, evenings and weekends.
This job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by this role. Employees are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
FAO Schwarz is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws.
FAO Schwarz strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, interns, or any other covered persons, on the basis of age, race, color, religion, creed, national origin including ancestry, ethnicity, sex including pregnancy, gender identity, and transgender status, gender, physical or mental disability, including gender dysphoria and similar gender-related conditions, alienage or citizenship status, military status, including past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, familial status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, unemployment status, caregiver status, credit history, salary history, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, with respect to hiring, promotion, discipline, firing, compensation, benefits, or other terms, conditions or privileges of employment.
If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, or during the course of your employment, please contact the Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply online at faoschwarz.com/pages/careers; Indeed.com; or GetHired.com
FAO Schwarz is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled