The Branch Operations Manager is responsible for managing a branch office, accepting and submitting loan applications for personal/retail consumer needs, and overseeing the operation of a branch office with:
- Total deposits of up to $50 million – Branch Operations Manager I
- Total deposits of up to $100 million – Branch Operations Manager II
- Total deposits of up to $200 million – Branch Operations Manager III
- Total deposits of up to $300 million – Branch Operations Manager IV
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit the Resource Specialist’s drawer and vault cash on a monthly basis. Ensure all cash drawers are audited monthly, and audit sheets are sent to the appropriate departments.
- Manage the branch cash position, including established cash limits in the cash drawers, vault, and ATM/ITM. Ensure ATM/ITM cash positions are adequate to function properly.
- Ensure all branch logs are completed and approved.
- Conduct monthly operations meetings, and document meeting with associates’ signatures.
- Conduct weekly branch sales meetings and document meeting with associates’ signatures.
- Approve the Security Checklist and Record, and scan to the Regional Operations Manager and Branch Operations Administrator.
- Edit and approve timecards weekly. Monitor sick leave, overtime and vacations for branch associates.
- Ensure all security procedures are being followed, according to First Guaranty Bank’s guidelines
- Accept and submit retail loan applications for personal/retail consumer needs.
- Ensure all fliers and disclosures are up to date and in compliance with Federal Regulations.
- Ensure branch is appropriately staffed.
- Responsible for performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, new hires, and terminations.
- Attend and assist with planning semi-annual Branch Operations Meetings.
- Provide platform services and assist in the teller line at times of heavy business.
- Ensure branch personnel has completed annual on-line training in a timely manner.
- If applicable, monitor and control the safe box area, as well as maintain the past due report and schedule required drilling.
- Adhere to the BSA Policy and all other Bank Policies.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentor associates, as it pertains to their goals and performance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by supervisor.
**First Guaranty Bank reserves the right to add or delete responsibilities at any time. If responsibilities change, each Branch Operations Manager will be notified in writing or via email by the Branch Operations Administrator or the Operations Officer.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Requires a bachelor's degree or 2-4 years’ experience in bank operations management.
- Knowledge of bank operations, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task, while leading and directing the work of others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled