Morningside Nursing and Rehabilitation center is actively seeking a Director of Social Work.
Position Summary: The primary purpose of your job position is to plan organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Social Services Department. As Director of Social Services, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Must have, as a minimum, 2 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a long term care facility or skilled nursing care facility
- Three years of active patient/resident contact in health care which includes at least two years of social services supervisory experience in long term care.
- Experience working with MDS, discharge planning, electronic medical records
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, develop, and organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the social service programs of this facility.
- Assist in the development, administering, and coordinating of department policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of current federal and state regulations, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Administrator.
- Review department policies and procedures, at least annually, and participate in making recommend changes.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the identification of medically related social and emotional needs of the resident.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of social care plans and resident assessments.
- Interview resident/families as necessary and in a private setting.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the administrator as required.
- Involve the resident/family in planning social service programs when possible.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
- Refer resident/families to appropriate social service agencies when the facility does not provide the services or needs of the resident.
About us: At Morningside, we believe that rehabilitation is a journey toward wellness – mind, body, and spirit. To that end, we have developed programs designed to optimize your health on every level, and we deliver them in a unique environment with a dynamic staff that will both inspire and motivate you.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Generous PTO package
- Health/Dental Benefits
- 401k plan
We are an EOE