We transform the
way people use energy.
About the Organization
leading energy efficiency enterprise. We believe in the good things efficiency
brings to our lives, and we come to work every day to make the world a better
place – starting in our own province. We have successfully helped hundreds of
thousands of families, businesses, non-profits, and institutions transform how they use energy – and we will continue to lead the way in the transition to
a low-carbon future. We are deeply committed to climate change and are a multi-year winner of Canada's Greenest Employers and Atlantic
Canada’s Top Employers.
Our work has
achieved more than $1 billion in energy savings and contributed over 24% of
Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions since 2011. We’re passionate about
ensuring that all Nova Scotians have equal access to our programs and understand
that energy efficiency can help serve our communities and promote a socially
equitable energy future. Find out more about how we are making an impact here: https://www.efficiencyone.ca/impact/.
Why you’ll love working
- A culture that understands there is life outside of work and cares
about their employees
- An engaging, fun, and inclusive work environment
- A holistic benefits package that starts on day one
- Wellness initiatives and fitness challenges
hosted throughout the year
- Corporate gym memberships
- Career growth and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a team contributing to Nova Scotia’s goal of net-zero
carbon by 2050.
If you want
to be part of an organization with an ambitious plan to support the transition to net zero and help build a thriving, resilient future for Nova Scotians -
then you belong here!
Want to know what it’s really like to work with
us? Reach out to any one of our team members on LinkedIn to hear their
firsthand experience at EfficiencyOne.
The Efficiency Specialist, Home Energy Assessment (HEA), will
be tasked with several administrative, customer service, and analytical duties
while supporting the rest of the team as needed. They must be
self-motivated, highly attentive to detail, and have strong
organization and communication skills. They must also have strong technical
competencies and be able to learn and comfortably use HOT2000 energy modeling
software and Microsoft Excel. Their core responsibilities will be working with program
partners and customers to validate that customer-installed upgrades meet provincial
and federal program eligibility standards and ensure correct customer
incentives are issued in a timely manner.
A snapshot of what you will be involved with:
- Processing weekly incoming project
data from Natural Resources Canada.
- Reviewing project rebate
eligibility and helping compile weekly customer cheque requests for Finance.
- Working with the Program
Manager, Delivery Agents, and customers to troubleshoot concerns regarding
equipment and rebate eligibility.
- Helping maintain program
documents, including the rebate guide, program process procedures, and Delivery
- Performing ad hoc research to
support program improvements and keep the team informed about program delivery
- Supporting the Program Manager
and Lead Project Analyst with special projects by participating in
brainstorming discussions, analyzing data, and preparing reports as requested.
- Supporting the Efficiency
Coordinator with customer inquiries and data requests.
- Led monthly Delivery Agent
meeting discussions as they relate to core duties.
- Perform periodic site visits to
customer homes with Delivery Agents and the Verifier.
What Will Help You Succeed?
- A bachelor’s degree, diploma in Engineering Technology, or an equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to take on new opportunities and challenges, with a
passion to continue to develop and grow
- A commitment to quality and investing in results that add
value and drive the business
interpersonal, oral, and
written communication skills and have
- Ability to prioritize deliverables
and work independently or within a team
- Experience with and proficiency with all MS Office
applications (including Teams)
- Other duties as required
relative to overall program deliverables.
What to expect in your
first several weeks on the job:
In the first week,
- The job shadows the Program Manager and other Efficiency Specialists to learn about your responsibilities,
recent program targets and trends, and team goals.
- Job shadow other teammates to
learn about their roles and responsibilities.
- Read program materials to familiarize yourself with HEA and our tools and processes.
- Start performing core duties.
In the first
month, expect to:
- Perform core duties with
- Take on projects with support
from your teammates.
- Establish a performance plan with
- Meet our Delivery Agents.
- Continue to learn more about
HEA’s tools and processes.
In the first three months,
- Perform core duties
- Support teammates by working
through customer and Delivery Partner questions and concerns.
- Establish a performance and
development plan with your Manager.
EfficiencyOne is committed to fostering a
culture that is supportive and values others, one that is grounded in diversity
and inclusiveness. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates,
including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, racially
visible persons, persons of minority sexual orientations, and gender identities