Full Time Sr. Manager of Donor Relations
Time Sr. Manager of Donor Relations
ArtsQuest’s mission is to provide access to exceptional artistic, cultural, and educational experiences using arts and culture as key elements of economic development for our urban communities. ArtsQuest™ supports this mission via the presentation of performing and visual arts, film, arts education classes and outreach, youth programming and cultural events.
Through festivals such as its flagship event, Musikfest; the Banana Factory Arts Center; and the ArtsQuest Center and SteelStacks arts and cultural campus, ArtsQuest’s programming reaches more than 1.8 million people annually. The organization’s programs and events, approximately 50 percent of which are free to attend, have a combined economic impact of more than $136 million annually in the region.
Position Reports to: Executive Director, ArtsQuest Foundation/Sr. Director of Advancement, ArtsQuest
Direct Reports: None
The Sr. Manager of Donor Relations has primary responsibility for the development and implementation of donor strategy, relationship management and acquisition of individual donors and supporters. Act as one of the primary points of contact with donor prospects; work with staff and board members in initiating, maintaining, and growing mid-level gift relationships for ArtsQuest’s Donor Society as well as the Capital Campaign. Work with the Sr. Director of Advancement to establish and achieve annual fundraising goals.
Donor Relations & Major Gifts
- Oversee ArtsQuest’s Circle Donor Program
- Steward existing Donors & proactively identify, solicit, and steward donor prospects with the capacity to make gifts of $2,500 or more.
- Handle Circle Program’s renewals & gift processing
- Create donor communications, including but not limited to the monthly newsletter and donor appeals
- Manage Circle Program’s benefits & Donor needs
- Establish and reach annual fundraising goals in cooperation with the Sr. Director of Advancement
- Plan and manage donor cultivation and recognition events
- Work collaboratively with the Sr. Director of Advancement to create Major Gift proposals, solicit gifts & manage sustaining gift pledges.
- Create, maintain, and update a list of donor prospects for ArtsQuest, ArtsQuest Foundation & Levitt Pavilion. Coordinate relationship development for prospects with staff and with board members and/or volunteers.
- Follow up with donors; provide them with timely information and/or progress reports on supported projects.
- Participate in the implementation of annual fundraising campaigns.
· Work collaboratively with ArtsQuest Senior Leadership to secure fundraising goals and provide reporting for the Capital Campaign.
· Plan and Participate in Campaign cultivation events with key volunteer leaders and major donor prospects.
· Develop individual strategies for mid-level gifts and follow through with cultivation and solicitation of donors.
· Communicate timely information including goals and milestones with donors to the Sr. Director of Advancement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) credentials a plus.
- At least 5 to 8 years of demonstrated success achieving measurable fundraising results with major donors, gifts, and endowments; a proven track record of working at increasing levels of responsibility and success.
- Ability to represent ArtsQuest favorably and effectively to our stakeholders and the community at large with knowledge of ArtsQuest arts and cultural programs.
- A strategic, innovative thinker who has demonstrated success in identification of prospects, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts.
- Ease and expertise in working with major donors.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a superior attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision, and a sense of core purpose to any audience.
- Exceptional, assertive project management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to build and maintain long term relationships with donors.
- Experience with philanthropy in a non-profit environment.
- Enthusiasm for developing and implementing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Strong sense of personal accountability and follow-through.
- Ability to think independently, problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and superior fundraising database management skills, i.e., Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge familiarity a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a strategic team.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor, strong work ethic and high degree of professionalism.
- A valid driver’s license and a vehicle and the ability to travel locally and regionally as needed.
Note: This position requires flexibility in hours to meet with donors, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, either verbally and/or in writing. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to lift up to 10 pounds frequently, up to 25 pounds occasionally, with or without reasonable accommodation.
is frequently required to travel between our facilities, all within 1 mile of
one another using reliable transportation as well as to meet with potential
donors. Employee may be frequently required to travel offsite for business
meetings as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ArtsQuest and ArtsQuest Foundation have a culture of CARES; Creativity, Adaptability, Risk Taking, Evaluation and Sustainability; To be successful at ArtsQuest you must be willing and able to take ownership and make significant contributions to the success of the organization:
- We value a collaborative work style as well as the ability to work cross-functionally.
- We not only work in an office environment in close vicinity with other staff members, across multiple buildings, we also work outdoors in all types of weather during festivals and events
- We sometimes work long and unusual hours, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Diverse candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Arts Quest Values Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and the organization’s achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees’ characteristics that make them unique, because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
Salary and Benefits:
A salary range has been established and will be discussed with qualified candidates. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, term life, and disability insurance, as well as a 403(b)-retirement savings plan. We offer a generous paid time off policy as well as discounts on select organizational programs and events.
FLSA Status: Exempt
ArtsQuest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.