SUMMARY: Provides general medical care and treatment to patients within our Mobile Health Unit Clinic on location in the surrounding communities for 4-5 hours EVERY Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
2. Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient’s clinical problems and health care needs.
3. Conduct various laboratory tests.
4. Records physical findings and formulates plan and prognosis based on patient’s condition.
5. Prepares a comprehensive patient care plan.
6. Submit health care plan and goals of individual patients for periodic review and evaluations by Physician.
7. Recommends drugs and other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
8. Counsels and advises patients in such areas as substance abuse, recognition and prevention of communicable illnesses; maintaining health lifestyle, etc.
9. Participates in the ARMS Quality Improvement Plan
10. Perform other duties as assigned
Master’s Degree or higher from accredited program of Nursing
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) and/or
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Work experience should demonstrate effectiveness in providing medical care to a lower income population group, and in working with other health care providers in establishing continuity of care.
Ability to guide and counsel patients and families on health maintenance from various economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds.