Terracon Geotechnique Ltd. – an employee owned, Alberta based company, are looking for a Laboratory Technician. Are you a highly motivated individual? Are you a creative thinker who would like to be part of a high-performing team? Apply today!
What you Can Expect
This position is ideal for those who have excellent time management skills, along with a consistent work ethic. This can be demonstrated on a daily basis while completing various sample testing.
What You’ll be Doing
- Receive samples and perform various lab testing while accurately following the ASTM and CSA Standard procedures (i.e. proctors, sieves, atterbergs, hydrometers – to name a few)
- Ensure that testing is being performed safely and in a timely manner
- Calibrate lab equipment (proctor machine, sieves, ovens, scales and molds) and complete preventive maintenance of lab equipment from time to time (such as: cleaning, greasing)
- Document sample and test information once received. Appreciation for sample integrity
- Must be able to work well with others and by themselves, under minimal supervision
What We’re Looking For
- Certificate or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Environmental, or Geotechnical Sciences a benefit
- Active and valid CCIL designation is considered an asset
- Registration with ASET or APEGA – nice to have
Working Conditions, Schedule, and Physical Requirements
· Legally authorized to work in Canada on an ongoing basis
· Must have valid driver’s license
· High school diploma required
Terracon’s Mission, Vision, and Values
Our Mission is to help ensure projects are designed, built, and maintained with the sound application of geotechnical, geoscience, environmental and safety standards so that they operate effectively and safely. Our Vision is to be an industry leader by building best in class technical, safety, and professional standards into everything we do. We are at our best when our collective and individual actions are guided by our SITE Values (Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Entrepreneurism).
Why Work for Terracon?
Come work with a group of people who have a passion for excellence and share common values. In your role at Terracon, you will have an ability make a difference every day, working along side a wide range of dedicated engineers, geoscientists, technologists as well as a talented group of people who support the business. You will have an opportunity to share your expertise and develop solutions working with various clients on interesting projects. We offer a competitive employee package including health & dental wellness plans, employee incentives, and RRSP/TFSA financial wellness plan. Apply to learn more about your future with Terracon.
Connect with us!
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to stay up to date with job opportunities, safety tips, and general information.
Terracon is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from those who would contribute to the further diversification of our employees and clients including but not limited to Indigenous peoples, women, persons with disabilities and person of any ethnic and national or socio-economic background.
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted