The Laundry Attendant is responsible for maintaining a constant supply of clean linen for the hotel, while delivering continuous satisfaction of the highest standards to our guests.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform all stages of linen processing, including but not limited to collecting, transporting, sorting, loading/unloading washers and dryers, ironing, folding.
- Operate cleaning equipment
- Ensure the continuous washing of linen: collect, sort, wash, fold, iron (if necessary).
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Organize pickup and delivery of sheets.
- Routine cleaning of dryer lint traps and recordkeeping.
- Examine linen to ensure cleanliness and address soiled/stained linen for re-claim load.
- Assist Laundry Supervisor with inventory.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Detail Oriented.
- Time Management Skills.
- Teamwork Oriented.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This position operates in a hotel setting. This role requires good physical resilience and ability to work at a high pace while standing throughout the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require lifting of products weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to push/pull carts up to 250lbs.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Stand- Over 2/3rd of the time
Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
Climb or balance- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
Lift minimum of 5lbs.- 50 lbs.- Over 2/3rd of the time
Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to follow instruction and work independently.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.