As a concrete batch plant operator, a wide variety of duties will be assigned including plant operation, clean up, minor equipment maintenance and repairs, and reporting of mechanical failures, and/or material inconsistencies to supervisor.
- Prepare plant for operations at the beginning of the day and perform shut down procedures at the end of the day.
- Efficiently operates computer controlled batching system that transfers product from storage bins through weigh bins and into ready-mix trucks and maintains maximum production levels.
- Responsible for reading and interpreting computer program to control mix design and to set appropriate slump and ensuring the efficient working condition of the plant.
- Ensure that all assigned equipment is properly maintained, clean, in safe working order and operated properly.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems and perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the concrete plant manager.
- May be required to operate heavy equipment (loader or skidsteer).
- Use tools such as sledgehammers, wrenches, screwdrivers, cutting torch, welder, pneumatic hammer/drill, sand blaster, pipe wrench, hand shovel in the operation or maintenance of plant.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- May perform other related duties.
- Knowledge of plant operation, maintenance and electrical systems required.
- Thorough understanding of the concrete manufacturing process required.
- Experience with Command Batch System preferred. Computer literate – Microsoft Office including Excel experience preferred.
- ACI certified field technician Grade I preferred.
- Display an uncompromising focus on safety by properly following company policies and DOT/DEQ regulations for safe working procedures and protection of the environment.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must require minimal supervision.
- Willing to work overtime including weekends.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards.
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to perform with or without accommodations.
Work Demands & Environment:
- Personal protective equipment is required on a regular basis, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, and as needed, safety-toed boots, respirator, protective clothing, gloves and other protective equipment.
- Employee will be required to work in outdoor environments which may include exposure to extreme temperatures.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk, stand, sit, shovel, sweep, rake, demonstrate manual dexterity, climb stairs and ladders, and work on elevated platforms, possibly for extended periods.