Tour Guide (Part-time)
Reporting to the Visitor Engagement Specialist, the Tour Guide position provides a welcoming, hospitable environment and rewarding learning experience through guided tours of The National WWII Museum’s permanent exhibits.
- Conduct scheduled tours of the Museum’s permanent exhibits that are approximately 2 hours in length for customers of all ages and backgrounds.
- Welcome, check-in, and brief customers on tour regulations and safety practices as each tour begins.
- Keep current with exhibit content and standard operations of the Museum.
- Acquire knowledge and skills to give accurate, informative, and engaging tours by learning appropriate tour scripts for each permanent exhibit and attending formal training sessions when provided.
- Work closely with staff of the Specialty Sales department for regularly scheduled tours and private pop-up tours.
- Associates degree, or related on-the-job experience, with an interest in history and informal education.
- A minimum of two years of work-related experience, with preference given to experiences related to education, presentations, or tours.
- An outgoing personality with good public speaking skills and the ability to work well with people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Punctuality and reliability as tours are scheduled and timed experiences.
- Willingness to learn and use technology and software, such as ticketing software and audio tour systems.
- Ability to guide tours across a large museum campus and able to stand and walk for periods ranging from 60 to 120 minutes at a time.
- Ability to push, pull and lift weights up to 20 pounds. May require bending, squatting or reaching and occasional use of equipment.
- Ability to work a schedule that typically includes weekends based on the number of specialty tours or programs sold weekly between the hours of 7:30 AM-3:00 PM.
The National WWII Museum offers a competitive wage and benefits package which includes the following:
- Competitive wages
- 401(k) – Museum matches 50% of employee contribution up to 6%; employer contribution fully vested after 3 years of employment
- Paid vacation and sick leave, 10 paid holidays per year
- Free parking
- Employee assistance program
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.