Gymnastics Recreational Coaches
We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic gymnastics instructors in Burbank who love working with children.
$12.00 - $18.00 Hourly, Part-Time, Non-Exempt, compensation commensurate with education, skills, and experience
About GOLDEN STATE GYMNASTICS
At Golden State Gymnastics, we believe that all children should have a safe environment in which they have fun, build character, learn to practice sportsmanship, and develop skills and traits that help them become responsible citizens and live happily. This provides an extraordinary opportunity for administrators, instructors, parents, and officials to positively influence the development and growth of the next generation.
About the JOB
- Under the direction of the Program Director, the coach is responsible for the delivery of high-quality progressive gymnastics coaching. The gymnastics coach will teach required gymnastics drills, skills and routines for the program level according to the curriculum provided by Program Director.
- The coach must observe and spot athletes as they perform on the various apparatus. This may include some physical contact and lifting, especially with smaller children.
- The coach monitors, evaluates, and records student progress on the appropriate skills cards.
- Adheres to Golden State Gymnastics General Coaching Standards and understands that these are the minimum standards required to meet the expectations of the position.
- You have strong communication skills and can communicate proper techniques, strategies, and rules of the sport effectively enough that every gymnast in your group understands.
- You are dedicated to the sport of gymnastics, will attend daily practices and assist gymnasts in improving their skills and physical conditioning.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to foster positive professional relationships with your current gymnasts and recruit new gymnasts.
- You demonstrate leadership skills and can motivate and inspire young gymnasts to perform at their best.
- You are flexible with your time and available to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
About THE BENEFITS
We believe that our success in fulfilling our mission lies with the quality and commitment of our staff. Therefore, in addition to offering a work experience filled with meaning and purpose, we offer many valuable benefits to our employees, including medical benefits (full-time employees), retirement savings plan, educational assistance plan that reimburses you for school registration, tuition, and even textbooks, 50% off GSG tuition for your children, paid vacation (full-time employees), paid sick leave, paid time off, and even professional development opportunities.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (Bachelor's degee preferred)
- Previous experience as a gymnast and/or gymnastics coach (Coaching experience preferred)
- Must be LiveScan fingerprinted (within 3 days of hire)
- Must be USAG Safety Trained and Certified, Background Checked and meet minimum USAG coaching certification requirements (within 30 days of hire)
- Must be trained in First Aid and CPR (within 30 days of hire)
- Able to work in a cohesive coaching environment with respect and collaboration with all coaches
- Willing to learn as well as teach new coaching and training techniques.
- Able to exercise safety and precaution at all times, reporting all accidents and injuries