Summer Camp Lead Instructor
The National WWII Museum is currently seeking a Summer Camp Lead Instructor. The temporary position will assist with the implementation of the Museum’s summer camps program that features themes around spying and puzzles, STEM and innovation, and storytelling – all within the context of World War II. The Summer Camp Lead Instructor functions as an educator during summer camps with responsibilities including leading planned activities, monitoring the camp daily activities and schedule, and ensuring the safety and success of camp participants. This position will report directly to the Youth and Family Engagement Specialist and is responsible for providing feedback and reflecting on daily happenings in camp to ensure a quality camp experience.
The ideal candidate has had experience working with children in a classroom or informal camp setting. Applicants should have an interest in teaching, history, and science, as well as a curiosity and desire for continuous learning. They should be able to communicate well with children and adults, be solution-oriented, have a positive attitude, and demonstrate initiative.
- Work with the Youth and Family Engagement Specialist to plan and execute activities throughout the camp day for summer camps.
- Instruct and provide an engaging, fun, hands-on learning experience for campers.
- Manage, delegate, and mentor two summer camp interns.
- Interact with children of various ages.
- Organize camp materials and projects.
- Have the ability to modify camp activities to meet campers’ diverse learning needs.
- Interest in teaching / education and a passion for history and museums.
- 1-2 years’ experience working with children of various ages in a camp, daycare, classroom setting, etc.
- Ability to present information to large groups.
- Group or classroom management skills.
- Ability to communicate with children and adults.
The Summer Camp Lead Instructor must be available Monday – Friday from June 5 – June 30 as well as for additional training.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.